what to do if this was given as a present....

Maybe use it to put little trinkets in your closet or bathroom ( like hairpins, etc) or maybe a first aid kit/medicine box or something? :shrugs: That way if it's a fake at least you can say you're usng it- just not out in public :P
That's a wondeful idea! That was a very nice thing for her to do to think of you and your interest in LV.

Well, it's weird that a date of your friend would bring you such an expensive gift, isn't it? I'm assuming you didn't know her before? Or she wanted to impress you for some reason? So chances are it prob. is a fake.. Maybe you can use it in your toilet to stuf little refreshing towels in! :P just a thought...

ITA w/ the others....be polite and say THANK YOU and don't call her out on it. I'd just use it for trinkets, like someone said. You can use it for hair stuff, or make up stuff, or even for your bangles (w/c reminds me, my bangles are overflowing from my jewelry box).

If it bothers you that much to have a fake in the house then donate it to Goodwill.

I was given a fake burberry bag from my step mom a while ago before she became my step mom and I just took it said thank you and gave it away... I couldn't stand having it in my house.

same thing happened to me!! lolx... and i just stashed it under the seat of my car for a long time.. this was a while ago, i think i ended up throwing it away...

but anyways...its the THOUGHT that counts!!!!!

I was given a fakey once, too. Did just what lots of ppl here advised: thanked them gracefully. I couldn't keep it in good conscience knowing it was counterfeit so later I destroyed it so it wouldn't get re-circulated. (What if I died & my sisters & hubby who know I only use authentic sold off that fakey along with my collection? Some poor unuspecting person who get it & my family would be 'guilty' of fraud...yikes).