what to do if this was given as a present....

Maybe use it to put little trinkets in your closet or bathroom ( like hairpins, etc) or maybe a first aid kit/medicine box or something? :shrugs: That way if it's a fake at least you can say you're usng it- just not out in public :P

Maybe use it to put little trinkets in your closet or bathroom ( like hairpins, etc) or maybe a first aid kit/medicine box or something? :shrugs: That way if it's a fake at least you can say you're usng it- just not out in public :P
I agree with your suggestion. :woohoo: Whether you're afraid of hurting someone's feelings or not, lying to a person is NOT the thing to do. Be real! I can't stand it when people lie to me and then say it was because of my feelings or because of our relationship. People are stronger than you think. :smile:

Just the thought that she brought you something was very nice of her..It says a lot about a person.. You did well by just expressing gratitude and not hurting her feelings, whether is a fake or not. Just put away, you don't have to wear it...

Actually, her intentions were sincere.....to please you, because she knew you like Vuitton. She probably thought you could not tell the difference.

Say nothing. Take the "high road" and thank her. Once she hears that, she will leave you alone (hopefully) !!

Actually, her intentions were sincere.....to please you, because she knew you liked Vuitton. She probably thought you could not tell the difference.

Say nothing. Take the "high road" and thank her. Once she hears that, she will leave you alone (hopefully) !!

awww some people just dont know fake by real,
but i think she was lovely to guve you that gift,i would love to tell somebody,Oh im suchhh a big LV fan,and they would come the next day with a damier speedy 25 :smile: hihihihihi(i wish hahahah)

Yeah, you should thank her for giving you this present. Even tho it might be a fake, she was just trying to give you something you really like and maybe she is not even aware she got you a fake, I mean it came with a LV box.

I think the thought behind the gift was sweet, and if it came with a box, she probably didn't know it was a fake (if it is). I agree with everyone else - say thank you and try to find some use for it at home (maybe as an organizer for little things in your closet, etc). And just to share, a bunch of my friends chipped in and bought me an LV monogram keepall on ebay. The bag turned out to be fake but the gesture was really appreciated (and of course I was furious at the seller - I'm sure it wasn't that cheap either!)

yeah I would lie too. it was nice of your friend's date to get you something...or anything!, as dates are not really obliged to. Anyhow, just be thankful :smile: Lying sucks, but it sure beats the hell outta hurting someone else's feelings!

thanks everyone! it's a fakey i examined it thouroghly and they stitches aren't prciecly done and the "made in france" isn't straight. I said indeed thank you. and you guys are right, it's the thought that counts but i'm not gonna wear it in public af course.

I'll just use it for hair pins or something in the bathroom... i'll figur something out.

But the thing that bothers me is that it came with a Vuitton box so it means she bought it really thinking it was real! maybe online... *uggghhh* I feel so sorry she got scammed (although she doesn't have a clue)