what to do about retalitory feedback

1. i bought a pair of earrings and one of them was put on the wrong way. let me try and describe it:

they were small little pieces form a coach key chain that were broken up to make the earrings. one of the pieces was put on the hook part of the earring in such a way that it was backwards and not facing correctly when worn.

so i fixed it. i went to a place and they fixed it for me. i wasnt about to contact the seller and have to send it back (pay the shipping for it) and wait even longer to get them. i left neutral feedback because although i fixed the problem, i got them and they were in a unwearable condition.

seller left me negative feedback. i explained in the comment WHY i left her neutral. i litterally paid the second i won the auction so why she left me bad feed back i have NO idea. :shrugs: she is doing it in retailiation. so i sent her an email telling her that i was taken a back by her actions and immaturity.

in hindsight i should have told her about the situation but she is essentially mass producing these earrings so i didnt think it was too big of a deal to call her out on it.

is there any way i could report her to eBay for retailating against me?
  2. You have no come back and TBH you should have e-mailed her
  3. what is TBH?
  4. To be honest
  5. thanks.
  6. You might be as well to contact your seller and see if she's willing to do a mutual feedback withdrawal
  7. what does the neg say?

but yeah, if you were going to leave her anything but positive, you should have e-mailed her to let her know of the problem and see if she would help you out.

try for a mutual feedback withdrawal.
  8. Yeah...i dont think eBay takes off negative feedbacks because of retaliation...

just next time email the seller/buyer first and then leave feedback at the very end of the transaction.

Good luck!
  9. Yep i am afraid I agree that you should have e-mailed her as you gave her a neutral without giving her a chance to rectify.

I would send an apology and ask for mutual removel.
  10. you really should have emailed her.

I sell a lot more than I buy and I am willing to fix any problems that may arise. I bet the seller was mad that you never even gave her a chance to fix it.

I hate to say it, but if I was the seller I would have left you neg fb also.

11. Yep, I agree.

In fact, you should go read this thread (same situation):

I firmly believe in GOOD communication with people. You really never gave her a chance to make ammends with you.

Maybe she will be willing to work with you, if you email her again.
  12. I agree, I would be upset if someone left me a neg/neut without me even hearing anything about it first. This happened to me with a buyer who claims she never got my package and has recently put one up for sale :sad: