what to buy a teenager?

Here is a Juicy Couture bag she may like. It is $325. It comes in black, vanilla, or chocolate. I found it at Nordstroms.com
158719.jpg

You are so sweet to get her a bag! I think Coach would be very appropriate, not to mention that there are so many styles of Coach out there. I also think that certain Kate Spade bags are really cute too. Or, how about Botkier or Kooba? Both brands are really in style now, and have very fun and hip bags that might appeal to her.

wow, she sounds a lot like me (sports oriented...casual but likes dressing up). hm, i'm not a fan of d&b at all and i'm growing out of coach. i really like this bag right now:
p10944718_ph_hero.jpg

marc jacobs satin mia- $725 at eluxury (expensive! but i think it's really cute)

the satin makes it kinda dressy but i think with the right outfit it could be casual

that's so nice of you to buy your cousin a bag. very sweet. :biggrin:

i'm in college so i was in high school pretty recently and i saw alot of girls with coach bags, juicy, and of course, DB. i suggest a coach sig hobo or a tote (i like the beaded tote) or the bag Kat posted above. i have that bag and it was a reasonable price. i can surprisingly store alot in it! i love it. great leather. :smile: i think DB is cute for younger girls in hs but she'll only be able to carry it around for a year or two until she grows out of it.

if you're willing to spend a little more i suggest the LV croissant! i think it's adorable! or maybe the papillon?

amanda said:
i'd recommend my IF audra, actually. it's not flashy or showy, it's not too girly, it's quite durable, it goes with everything, it sits wonderfully on the shoulder and it holds my whole life. mine was also the very reasonable price of $385 (i think they've gone up to like $450 this season). an Audra or something similar (a kooba, a botkier, etc) would be my pick.

I double that. I would go with an IF audra. It is the essential bag and it fits with my college life very well. Also a kooba and botkier are up there too but I can never say enough about that audra!!!

Ok, it's been YEARS since my teens--but for my two cents, I'd suggest something more "reasonably" priced. What about a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag? He's got some great pieces for usually under $300 that are trendy without braking the bank. The leather is nice and they've got styles that are fun.

Juicy seems to be really popular with teenagers too. Good luck! You'll have to let us know what you end up picking up.

My 13 year old loves Dooney Bourke (the tatoo bag in the above is great), also likes the smaller coach bags, some of the funky Guess bags and likes to "borrow" my Vuitton Pouchette Epi. But I think the Vuitton's are too expensive for a 13 year old. (she needs something to look forward to when she graduates high school!)

The Macy's here in NJ has a section with the funky/fun bags geared to teens. Guess, Baby Phat, Le Sportsac, JoLo, and brands like that. That's a good place to look for ideas, at least.

Good Luck, imo there is nothing fussier than a teenager.

please don't buy her juicy couture or dooney. a couple years ago, when i was her age, i would have cried if someone had bought me that because then i'd actually have to be nice and wear it. and the bags haven't gotten any better.

amanda said:
please don't buy her juicy couture or dooney. a couple years ago, when i was her age, i would have cried if someone had bought me that because then i'd actually have to be nice and wear it. and the bags haven't gotten any better.

yes, i completely agree. please DO NOT buy her either of those.

wickedassin said:
Ok, it's been YEARS since my teens--but for my two cents, I'd suggest something more "reasonably" priced. What about a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag? He's got some great pieces for usually under $300 that are trendy without braking the bank. The leather is nice and they've got styles that are fun.

Juicy seems to be really popular with teenagers too. Good luck! You'll have to let us know what you end up picking up.

I agree about Marc by Marc Jacobs. A lot of the bags are cute and funky, and are reasonably priced. A lot of the young girls around here carry Coach, which is also a good choice and well-priced for someone younger.