What Should You Be Doing Right Now? It's Probably Not tPF....

1. OK...I am the world's biggest procrastinator. I swear, I work better under stress and deadlines.

My preliminary examination for my PhD is due tomorrow at 5 PM. Yup.....10 pages long, single spaced 11 pt. font, with 1/2" margins. I am 2/3 of the way finished with page 1.

I've known about this for 6 months. I've been preparing for it by doing all the reading and research....it's just the writing now.

I've been off school for 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks Mom was here so I used that as an excuse. This past week....well I cleaned, I slept in, I cleaned some more, and spent a gazillion hours on here.

Now, I'll probably be up until 2-3 AM, and then working on it all day tomorrow too.

The hardest part is the first 3-4 pages, everything after that is a cake-walk! UGH....I've just got no motivation.

I'm going to waste more time today grocery shopping......no clue why I do this to myself.

So anyhow...what are you supposed to be doing right now that you are putting off?
  2. Yup... I have to be at work in half an hour and I still need to blow dry my hair and get dressed... I just cant resist tPF!
  3. I should be doing the same thing.:sad: We call it our thesis proposal, though!!
  4. Yep, i need to study aswell
  5. Blow Dry & Straighten hair, Phone a trainee I'm training and ironing.
  6. Yep, work in an hour and I am sitting here with a cup of coffee and a cupcake. Still in my PJ's. Think I might go in late today-no biggie it's just me. When I get there first thing, I will be back on here.:shrugs:It's a sickness
  7. I'm supposed to be cleaning the house & doing laundry, then changing out of the jammies and going to the grocery store. But I'd rather be here :smile:
  8. for the last 3 months i have been supposed to learn Danish, an official language of my new country...somehow i havent gotten around it yet - sleeping until 1pm, visiting all websites known to men and watching all the movies i havent seen in the last 5 years seems much more appealing:sweatdrop:. If i dont want to have to sell all my bags and sleep under a bridge ( or take money from my SO even worse ) id better start and find some job as well :nuts:
  9. I am also still in my PJs!

Should be reading up some stuff for work, but seeing as I've put that off the past week, what is one more day? :p
  10. Since today is Epiphany, we took down our Christmas Tree.

I should be vacuuming the living room so we can put the room back together but tPF is so much more fun!
  11. LOL! i'm sitting here at my desk in front of pc, typing to anwer threads and with the book opened in front of me. i have an examination too next week, and i'm soooo far to end 'reading' this stupid book!
  12. uh and i'm in my pjìs to (but here is evening again ;))
  13. I should be doing my report on the cold war =( but how boring is that?
  14. I am doing exactly what I should be doing---lounging on the sofa, still in PJs, watching VH1's One-Hit Wonders" and cruising tPF on my husband's laptop. Hubby is outside playing with his tractor. Hey, I already mopped the kitchen floor and took down the Xmas tree.
  15. I still have to do the proposal after this! We have prelims + proposal + defense!!!!