what should i have said??

1. today, I was eating lunch with a few friends when this other girl came over. I don't know her very well, she doesn't know me very well.

So I was sitting eating pasta. It was basically lasagna-pasta with tomato sauce and a few bits of meat-- no cheese. She sat down, started chatting... everything was super-duper.

and then she looked at my plate and said: "I can't believe you're eating that. There's so much oil! *Giggle giggle*"

Okay, that PISSED ME OFF. I mean, I'm not the skinniest girl out there but I'm not huge either. I weigh about 105 and I'm 5'2". And SHE'S about the same weight as me, I've NEVER talked to her about dieting/fat, and I barely know her!

I wanted to say something like, "Well, sweetie, maybe you have to worry about eating lots of fat, but I don't!" I'm too nice though, PLUS she would've started telling everyone what a b**** I am.

What would've been a polite-but-snotty thing to say back? And have any of you girls found yourself in this situation? :blink:

2. i believe that what i would have answered is against the forum rules. :lol:
    i am always wondering what people are thinking by asking such question it is none of their business :rant:

3. I usually say, "If I wanted your opinion I would've asked for it"!

4. ugh how completely rude. I probably would have said that I wasn't concerned at all because I have "super" metabolism and "gee, I don't even have to work out at all, how about you?"

5. "Is this nutritional consultation free? Because I don't think I asked for it!"

6. oha by reading all your "kind and sweet "suggestions to what she should have said and what i had in mind i start believing i have a bad bad temper and really am a b*tch :amazed: :hrmm: :lol:

7. Ewww! What a losahface! I would have been shocked at her comment. I can never think of things to say to people on the spot. And at 105 lbs at 5'2" you are by NO MEANS chubby or overweight. I probably would have thought of something quick like " I don't really have to watch what I eat" Some people have so much gaul!

8. I've been educated to mind my OWN plate whenever I eat with company.
    You shouldn't have said nothing , if she's a "peasant"...whatever

9. I couldn't post what my reply would have been! It certainly wouldn't be nice!

10. Probably something like: "Oh really? Well I can't believe you just said THAT, so I guess that makes us even." :roflmfao:

We all have time to think about it, but I probably would have been like you and said nothing as well. Hopefully she's rethinking her comment right now.......

11. I would've said something like, oh it's no problem hun, you know low blood pressure and cholesterol run in my family... plus i have one of the metabolisms where i eat whatever i want and it's all good. I know, not a lot of people can eat like that nowadays... it's such a shame, because there's a ton of good food that's usually cooked w/ oil and people are missing out!!!!

But that is totally annoying, she doesn't know you to say that .. that's a hater for you!!!

12. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I would have a very very very difficult time holding my tongue in that situation! It is none of her business or anyone else's for that matter. I have a friend that is asks inappropriate questions like this all of the time and I now respond with "Why do you need to know?"

13. I would have just looked at her like she was crazy. That usually works for me. You did the best thing by not even acknowledging it. She sounds like an idiot.

14. I would have just said, "oh, are you a nutritionist?"

15. ok..to be really nasty..I personally wouldnt say it..but LOVE To think of these things AFTER the fact to feel better..eh..hem...I would have "said":
    Better to have oil in my food than all over my face..or even your hair..you poor thing....