What should I get as a reminder of my Grandma?

Eulalia

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
My Grandma died recently. She was a modest, hard-working lady but she really admired beauty. When I showed her my first H scarf she loved it. Now I wish I had given it to her. She was really proud of her hair. She never had it dyed and it stayed black untill she died.

Her life was never easy but she didn´t ever complain. Her death was a huge suprise but I´m starting to feel better. I was next to her holding her hand when she died and that made it easier for me to accept the death. She knew how much we loved her. In her will she left me a collection of old coins. She wrote that I should sell them and buy something beautiful with the money. The estimated value of my coins is about 1000 euros.

So my question is what should I buy? Naturally I´m planning to get something from H. I´m going to Paris in April/May and I have already saved money to buy a bag. I would like something that would always remind me of her. What would you suggest?

Thank you in advance! :flowers:

First of all, I'm very sorry to hear your Grandma died. My Grandma was one of my best friends, and her death really hit me hard. I was very lucky to have had her in my life for a long time, but it was still too soon to lose her.

Personally, as long as you have the money set aside for a purse (LUCKY YOU!) I would buy a scarf, since she loved your first one so much. There are so many beautiful patterns, look to see if one may strike a chord of memory or fondness that makes you think of her.

I can really relate to your story...it mirrors mine with my grandmother a bit.

It is so tough to suggest what handbag for you to buy, but if I had to choose I would say a Kellybag. It is the most beautiful design out there today- both timeless and gorgeous. It will last your lifetime. I would try and select the leather, color, and hw that reminds you most of your grandmother and yet one that you really love as well. I hope that you find that combination.

Are there any scarves with coins printed on them?? What a lovely thought to get something to remember your grandmother. I'm sorry you lost her but your memories will be with you forever.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandma sounds like a remarkable person. To me, the epitome of style and chic and grace and elegance is the Kelly bag. So if your financial situation allows it, this would be my recommendation.
Other than that, I would suggest a cashmere shawl from Hermes, the Brides de Gala design comes to mind for that. Brides de Gala is a design that is quite old but is an absolute stunner and never, ever goes out of style. A true classic. There's some pics here somewhere of someone wearing the cashmere shawl in this design, I see if I can find it for you.
Here, found it: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/your-hermes-in-action-57539-905.html#post4954241
And the shawl would 'hug' you and keep you nice and warm. Just like your grandma!

Thank you for suggestions. I was already planning to buy a Picotin or Evelyne before I knew about this extra money. I don´t think I´m "ready" for Kelly yet if you know what I mean. A bracelet and a cashmere shawl would be nice. I really like the Brides de Gala desing so your suggestion hello2703 is a really good one.

Sus your idea is a brilliant one! Too bad preciouscolors is down so I can´t look for a desing with coins.

honey, i feel sad for you. My grandma is in my heart and sustains a large part of me. hope that adds some comfort to you.
sus,
brilliant idea!
how 'bout taking one of the coins and wearing it around your neck?
perhaps put yoru purchasing thoughts aside and maybe a wonderful idea will pop in to your brain.
love angie

My grandma is my BFF, so I am feeling your pain so much right now :love: and here is some love to you. I think that what others have suggested for a shawl or a bracelet is a perfect idea. Especially a shawl! It will keep you warm and loved feeling just like your grandma did. And cashmere shawls are just so luxurious at the same time!

She loved you greatly, and I feel sad to hear of your loss, I too have had terrible loss recently.

She will always live on, I truly believe this and what a great idea if a scarf can be found with coins on it,

I think to buy something in Paris, that you look at , and it makes you smile, something bright, happy something that she would of been so proud for you to have worn.

Are you coming along to the tpf meet up in Paris, if so would love to meet you

Sending you big hugs from england
do let us know how you get along, and If I spot anything I will pm you with it

hug that scarf, never ever let that one go

xx

Sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandma sounds like a remarkable person. To me, the epitome of style and chic and grace and elegance is the Kelly bag. So if your financial situation allows it, this would be my recommendation.
Other than that, I would suggest a cashmere shawl from Hermes, the Brides de Gala design comes to mind for that. Brides de Gala is a design that is quite old but is an absolute stunner and never, ever goes out of style. A true classic. There's some pics here somewhere of someone wearing the cashmere shawl in this design, I see if I can find it for you.
Here, found it: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/your-hermes-in-action-57539-905.html#post4954241
And the shawl would 'hug' you and keep you nice and warm. Just like your grandma!

I'm sorry for your loss.
I really love Hello's suggestion : a Kelly or a shawl would be a remarkable Souvenir from your Granmother.
Please us know what you decide:heart::heart:.

I can relate to how you feel right now. My Grandpa died almost a year ago. I didn't see it coming and I couldn't say goodbye. I can't even think about it without starting to cry. I bought a small travel picture frame (though mine is from LV) so I always have pictures of him with me. Hermès has those types of frames, too.

arcangel, candace117, fromparis Thank you so much for your kind words and suggestions. :heart: I just love people here in PF. We all come from so different backgrounds and still there is so much warm and nice thoughts here.

ardneish I´m so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs to you as well. :heart: I will probably be in Paris a week too late. It would be really nice to meet all the nice members but even though I have been reading here for ages I haven´t written much yet. (OT I used to have an english boyfriend and spent all my holidays in London.)

I love the idea of the scarf with coins or of a cashmere shawl or a Kelly. All three are classic options that will remind you of your grandmother because of their elegance, but at the same time all for very different reasons.

:love: My grandmother died a year ago next week and I still think she's with me sometimes. Thanks to my inheritance from her, my dream Hermes will be in my future soon, too, and it'll remind me of her always!

Much :heart: to you.