What should I do? I need help from the expert Coachies!!

Karenina

BAG-a-holic
O.G.
Mar 13, 2007
I need some bag advice. I got the large Carly in khaki/mahogany about 2 weeks ago. Then about a week ago I got the new Signature Stripe in khaki/mahogany. I still haven't used the signature stripe. I really like the bag but I am still trying to decide if I love it. I think I do but I am not sure. So anyway now I am eying the new Heritage Stripe. I really think I want one but if I get it will it be over kill in the khaki/mahogany color? I love color and wear colorful clothes. Colorful handbags catch my attention and I love the pink and red in the heritage stripe but for some reason I am a prude when it comes to handbags. I always stick with black or brown. because I think it is more practical to spend tons of money on a bag that goes with everything. I am not sure what I should do. I just wonder if it would be silly to have 3 signature bags in brown. I am even thinking about just exchanging the Sig stripe for the Heritage. I don't know what to do any opinions??? If I get a CPE then I would just get the Heritage stripe and keep the signature stripe too but I haven't gotten one yet. My biggest dilemma is the colors. I am such a plain jane when it comes to handbags!

I can't make a choice for you (of course, haha!) but I can give my opinion. I'm the type of girl who finds it REALLY hard to buy anything but brown. A few weeks ago I realized everything in my collection was brown and that I was bored with it and needed something else.

I got a black bag (which was a big step for me!) and then last week I got a red bag. I have to say that I NEVER knew how awesome owning a brightly colored bag would be, but I highly suggest stepping outside of your comfort zone and getting something in a color!

Do you have colorful accessories? If not, maybe start with something small like a mini skinny or a wristlet and then work your way up to a bag.

And while I think all 3 of those bags in khaki/mahogany are gorgeous and you should totally have them, I also think that you might eventually get bored with looking at the same thing and you'll regret your purchases.

Honestly, and this is coming from the queen of neutral colors, I would not own three bags with the khaki/mahogany combo. I actually just got that heritage tote for Valentines Day in khaki/mahogany and it is beautiful. How about exchanging the sig stripe tote for another color - does it come in the black/gray combo? Thats fairly neutral, yet different than the other two. Also, the heritage stripe tote w/the white stripe is fairly neutral. I dont care for white bags, but if you can do a white bag, that might be an option too. Hmm, tough decision ahead for you!

IMO, if you said you like the new signature stripe, but not sure about it, i would return that and get the new heritage stripe... i for one own a couple of bags in a couple of different colors, just the basics, black/brown/white... i LOVE color, but if your use to using the typical brown colors, there is nothing wrong w/it at all, maybe just try different shades of brown... like the whiskey or chocolate in a bag...?? IDK... I definitely think the Heritage Stripe would be a good selection! Good Luck on your decision!!

Thanks girls. I am still not sure what to do. I think I am going to go back to the store and try on the Heritage Stripe and the Sig Stripe and ask the SA for an opinion. Do you think if I kept the sig stripe in the brown and have the Carly in the brown and then get the Heritage Stripe in a different color that would be enough difference?