What purse for a 13 year old

the carly is more fun as a shape and it's more popular in all sizes, so she could be more in trend...and it won't go out of trend at least in my opinion...
so i'd get that as opposed to the ergo which is designed for functionality and not fashion so much, unless it was in patent leather or something!

Baby Carly sounds good to me!!! I have tried it on and it is adorable.
I agree....the Baby Carly is sooooo cute! My 7 year old wants one:nuts:
The khaki/gold is gorgeous in person!

My mom makes me pay for all my bags. The only thing she's paid for is a wristlet for homecoming which was $30 at an outlet...it was a steal so she said she'd pay. I paid for my Soho flap and my skinny and my mom has made it very clear that all future bag purchases are to be financed by ME.

I pay for most of my clothes too...and all my shoes are bought by me.

I'm 15, btw, and no job...I do get a small allowance each week. I just have to say that paying for your own stuff definitely makes you value it more and teaches you the value of a dollar...:yes:

Thats what i meant, :tup: valuing your precious belongings. The only thing i got from my parents were the min clothes needed to survive! if i wanted something i had to use my savings which i earned from my bday and holidays. I wish i had a small allowance hehe i didnt go out much when i was younger then again i didnt know about coach either =P

i think when i was 15 i used my moms old bags, thats if i even used a purses.. so sad my memories are horrible.. i was 15.. 7 years ago...

Thanks for all of the great advice and opinions. I will definately let you know what I buy for her. I know she is only 13, but she is a great kid and really deserves something special this year. I have a full price store about 5 minutes from my house, but the outlets are about an hour away.

Now onto me, I agree that I need something in Chocolate, what about the Leigh? I love that bag! I, of course, have to buy something for me. I need another purse like a hole in the head, but it is not about need, it is about want, correct? (I know you great people will agree with me).

I like the leigh, but I really love this bag. The Chocolate sig. gallery tote
11071_BBRCN_t.jpg
or the Carly in Choco. signature:drool:
10620_BKHSD_t.jpg

Thanks ranskimmie - I will go look at those 2 tonight IRL. I am just a sucker for all of the signature pieces, that is all I have bought the last 2 years. I just love them. I love the look of the Leigh, I am just worried about the strap with a coat. I love in Pittsburgh so I need to wear a coat most of the winter, or if anyone watched Monday night football, I might need a rain coat and boots, I thought I was going to have to build an ark.

it would be a wise decison to buy just a madison lurex wristlet or probbaly just a mini skinny and a key chain or some burke sneakers at that age ( being 13 ) for her 16 th b-day than she should get a "full on coach bag" i mean by u buying her a bag at 13 what will be for her sweet 16th and than so on for her graduation.... plus will your 13 niece reall have use for such a lrage bag especially a small craly or top handle pouch thsoe r small but still hefty for at that age ( for a 16 year old perfect but 13 hmm you wnat inroduce your niece inot luxury items and teach the value of them )

Chocolate signature will be awesome for your collection, no matter which one you choose! The legacy chocolate signature is different than the other chocolate signatures so be sure to take a look at that too when selecting a bag. I ended up with both a chocolate signature bleecker large flap and a legacy shoulder bag in chocolate because they are different and I love both! Let us know what you get! And let us know what you decide for your niece! I think you've gotten some great suggestions!

yes I say signature, how about the signature stripe demi?
I mean honestly 13 year olds don't carry that much, and a nice little bag could last her through her teen years! and i vote for the madison lurex wristlet, any color, and also, i vote to be your adopted niece!

I don't see any problems with your niece getting a small bag...it's more special than a wristlet and you are the ultimate judge of what she deserves.

People seem to get bent out of shape when other people post about buying younger folks little Coach bags. I want to know why?
Age has nothing to do with their level of maturity and appreciation for fine things.