What LV bag/line did you hate and now love or vive versa?

1. I thought it would be interesting to see how and why our minds change about certain LV bags or lines! I know that it has happened to me!

For me it was the Perfo line:

I've always loved mono and MC, but when perfo first came out, I laughed. I thought it was such a funny idea to put holes in a mono speedy and to charge more for it (when you're getting less bag because of the holes). However, the more I saw it, the more I started to like it. Finally, it got to the point, where I'd see a perfo speedy and think...."ahh beautiful!" lol Then, when I found out last weekend that the perfo line is basically done and was no longer even on eluxury, I panicked, and hunted down perfo speedy prospects on eBay. I feel so relieved that I received my green perfo speedy this week!
    So, what bags or lines did you grow to like more or to like less? Also, what made you change your mind? :smile:

2. Ok... totally agreed!!! When the perforated line came out I thought it was hedoious!!!! It looked like a bag to carry a rodent around it (the holes would be air vents!) It took until about 6 months ago and now I wish I had bought the pink speedy when it was new. I bought one used and just couldn't keep it...

3. 1) I wanted a red LV and a shoulder bad so I got the Epi Saint-Jaques w/ long handles about 4 years ago. I was going to use it when hubby called it my "tea pot." I changed my purse right away, hence, my SJ remains unused.

2) I hated the graffiti line when it first came out, then I loved it, then I hated it. I went back and forth feeling like this. So I decided to pass up on it since I wasn't sure about it. I'm kicking myself now for not getting it! I love, love, love it!

I have more to say, but gotta eat lunch now.....

4. Weird, but I hated the Azur when I first saw a picture of it, and now I think it's my favorite line....

5. I loved the Black Murakamis when they first came out. Now I just think they're so fugly

6. Same thing with me. I really wanted one when they first came out, but now I'm glad I didn't get one! It just doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

7. The ambre line and the trompe d'oleil (sp?) I really disliked them but I have warmed the gaffitti I'm still so so about depends how I feel on the day LOL

8. I never liked the LV Mini Monogram, especially in the cerise and bleu colors, but when they re-designed them, by making them more neutral, with iconic bags and calling it LV Mini Lin......I fell in love, and still love that line, especially in ebene....

9. for me it was the MC line! And the Cerises! I can't get enough of them!

10. I never liked mono...until I saw a real Speedy with new vachetta handles and knew she had to be mine:smile:

11. I used to HATE MC - at the time it became popular, I wasn't too familiar with distinguishing between authentic and fake LVs; I saw too many fakes, and mistakenly thought they were real, so I wrongfully took it out on the MC line. Additionally, I got pretty upset when there was a huge influx of Coach, Dooney, and other brands emulating the line - I was a little more self-conscious then, I suppose. Now, of course, I don't care if another line tries to take inspiration from LV, and I've seen real MCs - and I love them!

A line that I've gone through the roller-coaster with: Mono Canvas. Before I knew anything about Louis Vuitton, I thought it was incredibly ugly. Then I found out how expensive it was. :shocked: And, I have to admit, that made me *want* to look at it in a different way, and I started really liking it. Yes, I can fully admit that if Louis Vuitton never used that pattern, and instead the mono were from a JCPenney bag, I would probably still hate it. Back to the main story: I grew to love Mono Canvas. But at the same time, I started acquiring EPI pieces, and was amazed at how durable they are. I think Mono Canvas ages very well if you take care of it, but I was also shocked to see so many careless people IRL (especially in LA!) batter their Speedys and the like, and how awful it looked - whereas (I'm exaggerating a bit) I could pretty much jump up and down on my EPI bags, and they'd still look pretty good. So now I still love Mono Canvas, but I'm a bit hesitant about acquiring anything new in it, unless it's very durable (e.g., supported by structured lining, like the Ellipse) - because, frankly, I don't want to have to baby my bags, or worry too much about taking care of them. So I love the look of it, but I don't think it's on the top of my list to acquire.

12. I used to think Multicolor looks so faked until my mum asked me to get her a Black MC Wapity for mother's day. Than *BaNG*.. Im in LVoe.. Now i have the Ursula, Speedy and a Pochette soon i hope..

13. For me was the Damier, Epi and Azur.I have bought Epi and hope to add Damier in my collection before the end of the year.

14. I LVOE the damier,epi & good old fashioned mono
    not too fond of mini lv's (mini lin)?

15. I didn't like epi at first - I thought it looked stiff and strange. Now I have a real appreciation for it. I used to love damier more, now I'm starting to feel like it's sort of masculine.