What leather/color combination for your workhorse?

Tamarind For me the Gold Togo is the only bag I have right now that can withstand just about anything. That said, it's a great color in Togo....not too light at all. Just right for use with just about anything you can think of to wear except some dresses and fancy affairs, KWIM? I wear lot's of black and jeans and this bag just fits right in. I don't think you can go wrong with a Gold Togo Bag.....it's a staple in my wardrobe!

i agree with shopmom - gold togo goes well with everything. black, denim, khakis, whites, blues etc. and the togo is such a tough leather that even after 4 years, everytime i go to the H boutique - the SAs tell me my bag looks brand new - and that was my first ever birkin 4 years ago! even the white stitching remains white!:jammin:

Shopmom and Patz, you guys just made me soooooo happy!
Gold togo it is then!
Love the white stitching, especially if it remains white.
Is gold togo very hard to come by? (I am only interested in Kellys. I know all Birkins are really hard to come by!) I would think Hermes would make lots of them, but they probably sell pretty fast too.

Smom and Patz, do you do anything in particular to keep the gold togo handles from darkening? Sorry to digress, but this is sort of on the workhorse topic? :rolleyes:

Should one try to wrap the handles in twillies (not really workhorse compatible) or just forget about it and figure the handles can be replaced later? Or is darkening not an issue? I should be getting a 30 gold togo GH this year, sooo excited, but already worried about the handles!

Right now my workhorse is a 35 black CDC PH--love it, no problem with corner scuffs so far....

Seeing how I'm absolutely one-track-minded with ostrich, I think my workhorse will also be ostrich as well UNLESS they start making fuchsia in epsom again, then I'll get a fuchsia epsom Birkin in 35cm.

Smom and Patz, do you do anything in particular to keep the gold togo handles from darkening? Sorry to digress, but this is sort of on the workhorse topic? :rolleyes:

Should one try to wrap the handles in twillies (not really workhorse compatible) or just forget about it and figure the handles can be replaced later? Or is darkening not an issue? I should be getting a 30 gold togo GH this year, sooo excited, but already worried about the handles!

Right now my workhorse is a 35 black CDC PH--love it, no problem with corner scuffs so far....

mizzle - i've always read about the dark handles but i've checked my thoroughly and my gold birkin doesn't have that after so many years. sometimes i think it's an urban myth - but then again, i have other bags that i switch from day to day depending on my outfit but the gold togo and my black are the most frequently used ones. :idea:

Thanks, pazt, that sets my mind at ease. Another urban myth put to rest. Now I'm really excited! Our bags can be twins--of course yours are part of a big beautiful family with many glamorous siblings! :smile:

Tamarind For me the Gold Togo is the only bag I have right now that can withstand just about anything. That said, it's a great color in Togo....not too light at all. Just right for use with just about anything you can think of to wear except some dresses and fancy affairs, KWIM? I wear lot's of black and jeans and this bag just fits right in. I don't think you can go wrong with a Gold Togo Bag.....it's a staple in my wardrobe!

I second what shopmom said....I'm currently travelling and carry my gold togo 35 birkin with GH everywhere (have the black chevre Kelly along for evenings). I do not hesitate to carry it as a tote or stuff (gently!) it into my longchamp for the plane rides or when I need to go undercover:supacool:. It wears beautifully, has a rich lovely color, and goes with everything!:smile:

WingNut, I highly recommend it for durability and looks--it's amazing how different black looks in different leathers. In chevre, as you must know from your kelly, it's deep and rich.

Any darkening of your gold togo handles? lol, taking a poll, here...

On darkening of handle, I think wrapping a twilly can be workhorse compatible if you have many twillies. You can kind of rotate them and take different ones out to clean periodically.

On darkening of handle, I think wrapping a twilly can be workhorse compatible if you have many twillies. You can kind of rotate them and take different ones out to clean periodically.

That would be good to do especially while traveling. Stuff gets so dusty around big city streets. Actually, I've been looking for "neutral" twillies that might match gold togo. The pink brides de gala seems promising. Only have one, but may get another for the other handle....