What kind of women use LV?

i'm a student, work 1,5 days a week and am VERRY casual
i don't have a rich daddy or boyfriend, i work for my lv's and am verry proud of my collection. I bought everything myself except for my agenda (graduation present)
I don't think there are 'kinds of woman' that use lv
it's just about loving the brand/fashion house and the designs

Unlike some other brands, LV doesn't really target a special kind of woman, and this is what makes them so successful. At their store events, you get a great chance to see a cross-section of their clientele, and there are people from all ages, styles, and walks of life, fashion freaks as well as more subdued, conservative people, and they can all find a style to suit them.

For myself, it is all about quality. I couldn't care less what someone else wears or thinks, but I will not waste my money on cheap bags, shoes or clothes. I prefer the classic, timeless style of the Speedy (first developed in the 30's) and the mono accessories. I have a few pieces of LV luggage that belonged to my grandparents (from the 1920's) that I could still use if I wanted to - now that is quality!
Bottom line - if you like a bag, get it and enjoy it!

I agree with other posts, I dont think it is fair to classify people who carry LV into certain type of people let alone materialistic, because, actually, we are all coming from different background. To me, LV is just a matter of preference how you choose your money to splurge on. I dont believe only people who make significant income can carry or deserve LV..... i think LV is for everyone who loves LV.....

Ramencomputer, if you really really want to buy an LV bag, and just because you love it, then you definitely deserve it !!!!!! You shouldn't worry to carry LV and think people may judge you... well they might, and be prepared, but who cares..... you are worth it, :smile:....

Women who have good taste carry LV. ;)

It doesn't matter what other people think of you when carrying an LV bag... as long as you like it and you know it's real, that's all that matters! Forget those who want to assume that your bag is fake... they probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real and a fake if someone slapped them across the face with one. :bagslap:

What are your thoughts on the Speedy and Neverfull?

There is SUCH a big reason John is a MOD-

he's always right!

Why, anyone could carry a LV, there's no exclusivity stamp. Anyone with a part time job could afford a basic speedy in one to three months. Whatever makes you happy, and you can afford, then go ahead, be happy, and carry with pride! They are durable and classic, and very worth the money imo.

My cousin who is an artist/designer has been trying to get me to buy my first LV for a long time. He thinks they are gorgeous, which I agree, but then I always wonder...

What kind of women use LV? And am I that kind of women? Would I look weird/pretentious/crazy carrying one? I am in my mid 20s and I graduated from a prestigious east coast school and moved to the midwest...i took on a job at a nice firm and gets paid very well (especially for the midwest). I live in one of the most upscale part of my city, and of course, I'm a single working woman.

Girls in my neighborhood carry all kinds of LVs around. But I always wonder, are those girls all bankers, lawyers, married, or have really nice daddys? (I love my daddy too but wouldn't ask him to buy LVs for me, although he would probably do it.) Although I know I can definitely afford to buy LVs, I am always only comfortable spending 300-400 on a bag. Plus, since I'm a single working woman, would people think...oh hers is prolly fake?

So what are you guys' stories?
I think carrying an LV definitely adds class to any woman's look. I like carrying an LV bag when I'm dressed down, because it dresses up the look. I saw a woman carrying a speedy 25 down the street one day, and she was wearing capris and a tank top and she looked so elegant b/c of one LV piece. Also, most of my girlfriends who carry LVs work hard and buy them with their own money, not from boyfriends or rich parents. Don't worry about what other people think about what handbag you carry or what clothes you wear.

Many types of women carry LV, but I think we all have one thing in common and that's a taste for good quality made things. If I like something I buy it. Some people prefer Coach over LV, etc. and it's just a personal preference. So if you like it, then go for it. If you don't feel comfortable paying full price for a new LV, there are lots of places that you can buy gently loved bags, ebay has some reputable sellers,KKoper. Some of the ladies don't feel comfortable carrying their LVs to work so they save them for the weekends but you could always go with the Damier or Epi styles as they are a little more understated. Good luck and post pics when you decide.

amen!

Women who have good taste carry LV. ;)

It doesn't matter what other people think of you when carrying an LV bag... as long as you like it and you know it's real, that's all that matters! Forget those who want to assume that your bag is fake... they probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real and a fake if someone slapped them across the face with one. :bagslap:

Unlike some other brands, LV doesn't really target a special kind of woman, and this is what makes them so successful. At their store events, you get a great chance to see a cross-section of their clientele, and there are people from all ages, styles, and walks of life, fashion freaks as well as more subdued, conservative people, and they can all find a style to suit them.

I completely agree with speedyqueen! LV's are for everyone, everywhere in the world! It's also been around for so long that the "Types" of people buying LV are constantly changing. Of course, now, it's no longer the rich families with their hard-sided luggage traveling on a train. It's very accessible (you can buy it online at eluxury...unlike many other brands that aren't sold online, like chanel or balenciaga).

I do feel there is a certain success, or desire to be successful as well as style portrayed when someone carries LV.

To me, Louis Vuitton symbolizes elegance, beauty, refinement and timeless, classic style. A few decades ago, LV may have been more of a bag for upper-class "ladies who lunch", but now that more women than ever are in the workforce, we're economonically indepenent, and we celebrate that by treating ourselves to a little piece of luxury. Most of the people I know who carry LV bags (myself included) have regular old office jobs and like to work hard, save their money, and buy themselves nice things once in a while. For me, that's a big reason why I enjoy carrying my bags- not just because of how they look or how they add to any outfit, but because they represent how hard *I* worked for something. And hey, if you receive an LV bag as a present from someone, that's awesome too!!