What jewelry craze/trend are you so over/never got into?

Charm bracelets. Both the dangling type and the pandora ones. A few years ago i was considering starting a tiffany charm bracelet with dangling charms but somehow didnt get round to it.

At the risk of sounding like a snob, I'm over any jewelry you can buy at the mall. That includes Pandora, Zales, etc. and on up to Tiffany/VCA/Cartier. Except maybe for basics like a string of pearls or classic stud earrings. And excepting costume jewelry. But if I'm paying big bucks for gold/platinum and stones, I don't want something mass-market, I want something handmade, or a beautiful piece I pick up in a boutique or antique shop as a souvenir of travel.

I am totally the same.. and if that makes me snobbish.. then it is what it is. My engagement ring is (although a halo) pink, white, and yellow diamonds and it is a one of a kind.. I love jewelry that I know no one else will ever have..

I dont think anything is truly " one of a kind". Even if someone has something made by a jewler, a friend may see it and have it made. Of course not as likely as buying at a store in the mall, but most of the time someone some where will have the "same" . Sometimes people try so hard to be the only one with something that they become obnoxious. What one person is " so over" might be someone elses dream piece.

I don't feel particularly strong about trends I never got into but I don't seem to wear my H CDC any more - I liked it more when no one knew what it was or who made it. Don't get clic clacs but I do love my enamel - I have always loved enamel.

Hate that full finger rings are more common now but not enough that I'm put off wearing mine (quite handy for travelling on public transport). Still love gold bangles and hoop earings although they are done to death where I live.

Never got

friendship bracelets
1/2 heart things
Tank watches (all my watches are vintage)
Stacked rings or bracelets
Costume jewellery that cost more than the real thing
Vermicelli anything
Naive styling that is just an excuse for poor workmanship
Precious Teddy bears (guilty for having 3 on a gold necklace LOL but it wasn't my choice)
Dyed/heat treated coloured diamonds (sorry)
Diamonds in silver
Tongue, cheek, eyebrow jewellery

For me, rose gold. Looks very fresh and chic on others but on me :yucky:. I'm neon pale and it's just too 'hard' for my skin to carry it off properly.

I stay away from anything too delicate or dainty. I am 5'4" and curvy and small jewelry just gets lost on me. So the bolder mens-style watches I love (though I haven't taken the plunge yet - just enjoying my Michele's and Silpada sterling silver watches). I do like 'statement' pieces and stacking bangles. I keep it toned down when I'm at work so I don't make a lot of noise but off the clock - let 'er rip!

I may post some pics of my collection in here later - I don't have any Cartier, VCA, Hermes or Tiffany either as someone else posted but I will dare to be different! :graucho:

XXXOO PG

I noticed a lot of people seem to dislike Tiffany silver why is that?
I thought Tiffany was a high end jeweller?? One place many girls dream of jewellery from ?

I think it's mostly a matter of personal taste. Anytime you're on a brand name forum, you're going to get people with different opinions (just as some people might prefer coach/LV/hermes).

At the end of the day, Tiffany's is a high-end jeweler... but it's not in the same league as harry winston or bulgari. Within Tiffany's there are many different lines catering different markets, silver, fine jewelry (gold), gemstones, and collectables (schlumberger's). I am not a huge fan of tiffany silver because i have lot of jewelry that i rotate though... and when i want to wear something i usually dont have the patience to polish it so gold/platinum works a lot better for me.

I am totally the same.. and if that makes me snobbish.. then it is what it is. My engagement ring is (although a halo) pink, white, and yellow diamonds and it is a one of a kind.. I love jewelry that I know no one else will ever have..

You THINK your e-ring is one of a kind, however, someone out there....somewhere has one that looks just like it guaranteed! ;) Mine was custom to made to my specs..but I've seen a few who have quite similar creations!

Definitely Pandora!! I just don't get why everyone loves them...I think they look cheap and juvenile. I also am not big on the necklaces with your name, initials, "love" etc.

When you have kids you'll understand..lol. It's more of a keepsake idea, beads that have meaning. Like the bead your kids give you for Mothers Day, or hubby gives you for your anniversary. You don't even have to wear the bracelet, but it's nice to have at least one piece of jewelry with sentimental value. Besides...you may be able to pass it down to your grandkids and they will look different if they wear it on their arm. By then, the Pandora craze will be phased out, and others may see a young girl wearing it and think "how different and pretty" :smile:

When you have kids you'll understand..lol. It's more of a keepsake idea, beads that have meaning. Like the bead your kids give you for Mothers Day, or hubby gives you for your anniversary. You don't even have to wear the bracelet, but it's nice to have at least one piece of jewelry with sentimental value. Besides...you may be able to pass it down to your grandkids and they will look different if they wear it on their arm. By then, the Pandora craze will be phased out, and others may see a young girl wearing it and think "how different and pretty" :smile:

I agree with this. I used to not 'get' initial necklaces, until my son bought me one with his initial on it. I now wear it frequently! :heart:

Well said. I'm young and kidless so it's not really marketed towards me.