What is your preference in bag type?

My favorite style includes everything. The tote handles are long enough to wear over my shoulder and they fall down since they are attached to the body of the purse with O ring hardware. It has a long, adjustable shoulder strap that can be worn as a long shoulder strap bag or cross body. The shoulder strap is also removable. It's a bigger bag, but it is soft pebbled leather and squishy with a slim profile and molds to my body.

Overall, if I had to be pinned down to one style, it would be a shoulder bag. With a detachable longer strap for cross body for those hand free moments.

I love a big slouchy Hobo.

Sometimes I have to carry a shoulder tote for practicality. But I hate two straps.

I also hate structured bags, satchels, and heavy bags.

Reactions: Shelby33
My favorite style is a bag that comes with multiple strap options and easily goes from day to night. The bags I get the most use out of have a top handle plus a detachable shoulder or crossbody strap. I like colors that aren't especially seasonal (no burgundy or bright yellows) and styles that are polished with jeans or dresses.

I posted about the Coach Madison Sadie on another thread (I'm not so familiar with their naming conventions, so my apologies if I got that wrong). Check out the top picture on page 4 of this thread for a visual: http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/madison-sadie-clubhouse.829258/page-4

I am constantly changing my mind about which style of bag I prefer to use. One day I think I am a shoulder bag girl, the next I think I'm a crossbody lover, and then the next I only use top handles. I know there are different uses for each bag and each one has its place in your wardrobe, but if you could only have one bag, what would you tend towards? I think my back would prefer if I used top handle, and my most favourite bag is the Speedy, yet I hardly use it due to needing hands free on public transport. I do find shoulder bags are annoying, I have small shoulders and the straps always fall down which I then curse all day at the bag, so crossbody bags are my preference, although hate using them crossbody due to the weird shape they give me in between my boobage area. Is there such a thing as the perfect bag?
My IDEAL bag would be:
- shoulder bag (should hang somewhere between waist and hip - not be banging against my thighs)
- leather
- light weight (this is super important since I have shoulder pain)
- can transition from day-to-night easily
- has an easily accessible secure exterior pocket (for cell phone)
- has a zip pocket inside for carrying things like passport and cash (when travelling)
- single compartment that can fit the following: normal sized wallet, hair brush, small bag for misc stuff (hair ties, band aids, hand sanitizer, lipstick, compact etc), Kindle paperwhite, with some room left over for a light travel wrap

The new LV Empreinte Speedy 25 seems ideal except the strap is way too long. And of course it is $$$$$$ (IMHO)

I don't think there's a perfect bag for me. I must have a shoulder strap - either as the primary strap or an alternate to the handles. I must have compartments - preferably at least one outside. I don't like to carry cross body unless I really must - like when dealing with luggage or something. Don't like the effect on the boobs. I prefer soft leather to a structured bag. My current fave is a shoulder bag but with a single shoulder strap, but it's kind of hard to get into while holding compared to double straps. Nothing is perfect.

My IDEAL bag would be:
- shoulder bag (should hang somewhere between waist and hip - not be banging against my thighs)
- leather
- light weight (this is super important since I have shoulder pain)
- can transition from day-to-night easily
- has an easily accessible secure exterior pocket (for cell phone)
- has a zip pocket inside for carrying things like passport and cash (when travelling)
- single compartment that can fit the following: normal sized wallet, hair brush, small bag for misc stuff (hair ties, band aids, hand sanitizer, lipstick, compact etc), Kindle paperwhite, with some room left over for a light travel wrap

The new LV Empreinte Speedy 25 seems ideal except the strap is way too long. And of course it is $$$$$$ (IMHO)
Check out the BV cervo Hobo.

By default. I am satchels. I have massive nerve issues so can only carry things by hand, no shoulder, no crossbody anymore...

My best bag isn't even designer, tough thick pebbled leather can withstand all weather, carries loads.. anyways, that is me.. a satchel person.

I agree with the convertible sentiment, but I particularly seek out bags that convert from shoulder to cross-body. Some of my faves that do are the Celine Blade, Fendi Be Baguette, Gucci Marmont Shoulder Bag, Loewe Flamenco, and Marni Trunk. My Marni Trunk is probably the closest to perfect because it also has a full-size back slip pocket (why don't all bags have this???).

A top-handle is nothing more than decoration for me :smile: as I never carry a bag that way. Clutches are completely pointless :smile:.

My favorite style is a bag that comes with multiple strap options and easily goes from day to night. The bags I get the most use out of have a top handle plus a detachable shoulder or crossbody strap. I like colors that aren't especially seasonal (no burgundy or bright yellows) and styles that are polished with jeans or dresses.

I posted about the Coach Madison Sadie on another thread (I'm not so familiar with their naming conventions, so my apologies if I got that wrong). Check out the top picture on page 4 of this thread for a visual: http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/madison-sadie-clubhouse.829258/page-4

Satchels with a shoulder strap all the way. Crossbody bags are usually too small as a daytime bag and are usually too long for me, shoulder strap totes tend to fall off my shoulder, hobo bags don't look right on me, and satchels without shoulder straps eventually annoy me due to lack of hands-free option.

I prefer pebbled over smooth leather, but have made a couple of exceptions.

Generally prefer closed top, but there are definitely uses for open top bags.

Also, calfskin and goatskin over lambskin, just because I'm a wuss and am afraid of hurting delicate lambskin!

I adore the barrel satchel because I love handheld bags but they are not really practical when you are on the run and look odd slung crossbody.

I have a love-hate relationship with shoulder totes. Slightly more hate than love. But you can't beat them for carting a lot of things, especially when folders are involved.

Crossbody bags are great for running around but only when I have a coat or jacket on cos I dislike that seatbelt look.

So my favourite bag would be a combination of various carrying styles, like my convertible Rebecca Minkoff Cupid!
IMG_0368.JPG

Also I am totally a smooth leather girl. I love that sheen! I don't mind that much if it scratched but creases are a no no so if that's a possibility I go for pebbled instead.

Reactions: goodbyeblues
I adore the barrel satchel because I love handheld bags but they are not really practical when you are on the run and look odd slung crossbody.

I have a love-hate relationship with shoulder totes. Slightly more hate than love. But you can't beat them for carting a lot of things, especially when folders are involved.

Crossbody bags are great for running around but only when I have a coat or jacket on cos I dislike that seatbelt look.

So my favourite bag would be a combination of various carrying styles, like my convertible Rebecca Minkoff Cupid!
View attachment 3474705

Also I am totally a smooth leather girl. I love that sheen! I don't mind that much if it scratched but creases are a no no so if that's a possibility I go for pebbled instead.
yes, Cupid is a nice convenient bag, esp is it has the zipper on the back side