Food What is your favourite brand of chocolate?

OK, had to check the ingredients on my hidden bag of cadburys.... no oxblood listed in the ingredients, just milk as the only animal product. And after several years of advanced chemistry and biology courses, I know every scientific name for "oxblood." LOL.

Did you know Cadbury's in the US is manufactured by Hersheys?

Phew! no blood in chocolate.

Yes when I saw the Cadbury's mini eggs in a grocery store where I live, I had to grab a packet (I from the UK so I was curious). I read the ingredients (USA version has more than the UK version) plus I saw it was made by Hersheys.

Someone I know has a friend who works for Cadbury's USA and said that although Cadbury's make yummy chocolate, unfortunately because the USA chocolates are made with American ingredients, it doesn't taste as good as the UK version.

:sad:

i can't belive so many people don't like white chocolate, i ADORE white chocolate! just as well, if not slightly better than, regular chocolate. i'm not any sort of chocolate expert, i've tried the very regular types...see's, lindt, godiva, cadbury. i just ordered a 50% off box of godiva christmas truffles from their website, i'm really looking forward to them! i pretty much love it all, solid chocolate is one of my favorites.

Cadburys is my favourite by far! But I also like Green & Blacks and Galaxy. I'm one of those rare people in the UK that likes Hersheys too ;) Basically any type of chocolate is good to me lol

I went around the Cadburys factory a couple of years ago and it was so much fun! You see all the bars wizzing around the machines. They give you lots of bars of chocolate as you walk around and you get given a cup of hot melted chocolate too!

Leonidas is heavenly. I loooove their ganaches, esp. the dark chocolate ones. Yummmm!

I'm a completely sucker for chocolate, used to work for Godivas a while back. I totally agree that Godiva from Europe is different from Godiva from US. The European ones are much creamier and lighter as opposed to the sweeter counterpart from the US. Either way though, I loooooove their truffles.

Honourable mention:
Fruits and Nuts bar from Cadbury UK
Orange Kit-Kat (sucker for orange flavoured chocolate)
Green Tea Kit-Kat (from Japan)
Neuhaus

oooh there are so many..

when i want comfort chocolate i like fazer, or marabou if i want something really sweet. green&blacks, lindt and milka are yummy too. i'm craving some lindor now :drool:

if i want *good* chocolate i like godiva, leonidas and neuhaus, but i want to make my own box, there's always something in the pre-made ones i don't like.

i really can't stand cadbury or hershey's though. i'd rather go without than eat either of those.

mmm chocolate, craving some now. i like all kinds...godiva, lindt, milka, cadbury, ferrero rocher...

my all time favorite is perugina's baci. these are like the italian "kisses" (baci = kisses in italian), but much much better. dark chocolate with hazelnut inside. they also come with a love note (kinda like a fortune in a fortune cookie) in four languages!

Perguina, Baci (those kisses that are blue and silver), Whitman's sampler :upsidedown: cause its so cheap, I used to like Vosges but now they bore me, but my childhood favorite Meiji - Apollo Strawberry Chocolate Candy .
:girlsigh: :love:

I've always been curious about Russell Stover and Whitman's but they come in boxes and I don't want to buy a whole box in case they taste awful and then they're a waste of money.

I had forgotten about the dark chocolate Baci, they are really good.

Haha. My favorite is actually the 96 cent bags of semi-sweet from Walmart. Its the smoothest-tasting dairy free chocolate that I can afford on a regular basis, and Im not a big fan of dark chocolate.