What is your favorite regular' leather for a black birkin?

What is your favorite leather for a black birkin and why?

1. Epsom

2. Fjord

3. Togo

4. Chevre Coromandel

5. Chevre Mysore

6. Celemence

7. Box

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sorry to bother you all by my black birkin questions, but I want to draw of all your knowledge that is light years beyond mine!

If there is a regular leather missing that you feel is your favorite one, just add that in a post. Also please post why that leather is your favorite for that specific bag.

2. OTHER!

Evergrain. It has the silky smoothness of swift, but it's scratch resistant and semi-matte. It has the sturdiness of Togo but without the weight. It has structure, but it's not stiff. It doesn't even blink when a touch of water gets on it (but I do wipe it off ASAP of course!).
  3. That's a great question!
    I was wondering that myself.
    I know everyone has their favorites, but it's still good to hear the reasons again.:smile:

What's the difference between those to Chevre leathers??
    Is one better than the other or more common?
  4. Mai - boxcalf. It's the best, I like smooth grained leather and...well....I just love it. It makes for the perfect Hermes bag, in my opinion.
  5. I love boxcalf but for black also swift is great because the bags that I have seen in black swift are really, really black!
  6. My black Birkin is Gulliver (almost the same as Swift) and I LOVE it in this leather, smooth but not as formal as Box, and does not show scratches as easily as Box. I vote Swift.
  7. I voted for box, which is amazing, classic.

But for everyday, Evergrain really is formidable! I have a Birkin in that leather and it shows off dark colours well. It's nice and tough too, a good workhorse!
  8. I guess I'm in the majority but it seems you can never go wrong with box...ever....
  9. Without a doubt...box calf. It's simply stunning!
  10. Another vote for boxcalf! That is my dream black Birkin...with GH :tender:
  11. boxcalf is great but chevre is just TDF for everyday!:heart:
  12. Box is beautiful but currently unavailable in birkins. VL is a great lightweight alternative!
  13. Depends on size for me--30 would be a stiffer leather and here I like box...for a 35, I like slouchy and would pick clemence.
  14. I like so many of them and all for different reasons.
  15. Why does everyone like box when it scratches so easily??