What is your favorite quote?

1. I have a few of them..but one of them is "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker" I will probably add a few more through the thread :biggrin:
  2. Okay, I'll admiti it: I'm a quote whore... there I said it. Here are a few of my favorites.

"When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either." -Leo Burnett

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in life has a purpose." -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

"A woman is like a tea bag... you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt
  3. thankgod we have quote whores here because I didn't think ANYONE was going to respond! ;)
  4. JAP4life, even worse than being a quote whore, I have them posted in so many different places around my house, car, desk.... I have found they keep me motivated. Here's another one:

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(I have that one on my bathroom mirror, so I stare at it when I am brushing my teeth.) I don't know how it all started. It may have been my mom writing little inspirations and sticking them in weird places for me to find. :shame:
  5. Wow, you guys have the high-end quotes going! Mine are all movie quotes. None of which I can come up with right now, it's too early! Now I'll be thinking about this all day! :lol:
  6. that reminds me..i have movie quotes too!...now i need to remember them lol
  7. Oh, geez don't get me started. I love movie quotes! Can't wait to see some of yours!!
  8. This reveals what a complete nature nerd I am, but here it is...

"In the woods we return to reason and faith." R.W. Emerson
  9. This is more of a credo than a quote it’s what I live by. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  10. "There are years that ask questions, and years that answer."

Zora Neale Hurston, "Their Eyes were Watching God"
  11. This is my motto:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a perety well-preserved body, but rather to skin in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW What a ride!"

Others I like:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".- benjamin Franklin.

"Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible." - Shakespeare. (Can you tell I'm an avid runner)
  12. "Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.'

David Copperfield-Charles Dickens
  13. "If you're going through hell, keep going"

Winston Churchill
  14. Really off topic but what does JAP mean in your username? I was watching that Lisa Loeb reality show thing and the guys said JAP stands for Jewish-American princess which offended Lisa and her sister?
  15. O.K this one is really, really deep.

"Diamonds are a girls best friend"

:lol: only one that comes to my mind;)