What is your fave beauty product?

shu said:
For some reason, Blistex, Burt's Bees, Carmel, and My Favorite Lip Balm does nothing for me. Within minutes, my lips become flaky again. The only thing that works seems to be Chapstick Medicated. Doe anyone else have any other suggestions?
Goodskin "Mega Balm" lip treatment.

Had a lipstick I loved- used it down as far as I could, scooped out what was left inside the case, crushed and mixed it with vaseline in a little empty Kiehls jar-- makes a super gloss. I think it was a Laura Mercier lipstick. Good to the last drop!

My La Prairie skin caviar moisturiser (I use Creme de la mer on 'drier skin' days also!), Chanel eye make up remover, GHD'S, TIGI leave in conditioner,Dior skinflash, Dior bronzer, La mer lip balm, YSL exfoliator, MAC studiofix fluid, Chanel mascara, Clinique buttershine lipstick, Urban decay eyebrow pencil and Shu Uemura eyelash curlers! :heart:

Hey, I never said being high maintence was easy! ;)

chanel spark glossimer and benefit dandelion powder. these two things make my face look awake, even if the rest of me isn't. i really like philosophy's supernatural mineral face powder right now. i don't leave the house without a bonne bell lipsmacker in my pocket. i also love wet 'n' wild twist up shimmer stick in 721 (it's champagne colored) as a brow bown highlighter...alas it is discontinued and i'm hording my last two tubes. *sigh* and shisedo eye lash curler + l'oreal voluminous mascara is the only thing that makes me look like i have lashes. :smile:

Chloe*Starlet said:
My La Prairie skin caviar moisturiser (I use Creme de la mer on 'drier skin' days also!), Chanel eye make up remover, GHD'S, TIGI leave in conditioner,Dior skinflash, Dior bronzer, La mer lip balm, YSL exfoliator, MAC studiofix fluid, Chanel mascara, Clinique buttershine lipstick, Urban decay eyebrow pencil and Shu Uemura eyelash curlers! :heart:

Hey, I never said being high maintence was easy! ;)
I love this thread! But, Omg, my good friend is always raving about the La Mer moisturizer. But it's so expensive! Is it really worth all the $$? I use Clarins Hydra balance and really like the Lancome Renergie Microlift Eye for under eyes but I could really use a moisturizing mask. Any tips?:shame:

^ I used to be really sceptical about products like la mer, but having skin that reacts to nearly every moisturiser I have tried (from the cheapest to the most expensive) I had to go without moisturiser as it was too much hassle having constant breakouts. I tried nivea, origins, elemis, dr Haushka (sp), chanel, blisslabs, dr brandt, and num erous other brands.
I read all the hype on la mer and for me, I dont care about labels or hype, I'm only interested in a product actually working. I tried la mer and LOVED it. I was scptical at first, waiting for my skin to breakout, but it never did. I've tried the eyebalm too (which I loved at first, but then it gave me millia underneath my eyes), I also bought the serum but did not think it was good-I certainly did not see any improvement in my skin. I also have the moisture lotion. La mer makes my skin so soft and smooth and you need just the tiniest amount. I use La Prairie too after an ex-la mer user recommended it. I now alternate between the two ranges and I have nearly the whole range of La Prairie-Love it!
I have to say that the la mer lipbalm is the BEST I have ever tried, and being a lip balm addict I have tried them all! It makes your lips feel like silk. It is so good! The la mer hand cream is fab also. :love: La Mer is definitely a brand you either love or hate in my opinion, but I love it!

shu said:
For some reason, Blistex, Burt's Bees, Carmel, and My Favorite Lip Balm does nothing for me. Within minutes, my lips become flaky again. The only thing that works seems to be Chapstick Medicated. Doe anyone else have any other suggestions?

I just found a pot of Dr. Haruschka lip balm in a purse I hadn't used in a while. I like it a lot. It's really thick, coats well, and smells like roses. Have you tried exfoliating your lips? When my lips are extra dry, I wet a washcloth with hot water, squeeze it dry, leave it on my lips for a few minutes, and slough off the dry skin with the washcloth. Then, I put a good coat of lip balm and it feels much better.

chinchillamoose said:
I just found a pot of Dr. Haruschka lip balm in a purse I hadn't used in a while. I like it a lot. It's really thick, coats well, and smells like roses. Have you tried exfoliating your lips? When my lips are extra dry, I wet a washcloth with hot water, squeeze it dry, leave it on my lips for a few minutes, and slough off the dry skin with the washcloth. Then, I put a good coat of lip balm and it feels much better.

Thanks for the tip! I never knew you could exfoliate your lips. I'll definitely try that next time. My lips start out fine, but after a day, it starts flaking if I don't put chapstick on it.