What is up with all the watchers?

I my experience, no one bids until the last closing hours/minutes of the listing. No one wants to bid up the price. So don't worry if no one bids in the first few days. Plus you will get more watchers over the weekend.
Good luck.

I had 42 watchers on one of my bags. It ended with 2 bids :sad:
But I knew it could happen. I have 9 things I am watching currently with no intentions of buying. Just curious.
But generally I think more watchers are better than 1 or 2 watchers.

Ditto to everyone else!

I often watch a few different auctions of the same item, trying to get the best deal.

So, I guess I tend to be one of those pesky watchers LOL :yes:

Usually bags tend to sell on the last day. The bids really start there. Don't worry about the number of watchers, just like everyone else says it doesn't really indicate a lot.

i've been guilty of watching an item and not bidding... what i usually do is shop for a bunch of similar items at a time, set a price tag in my head, and wait to see if i have a shot at winning towards the end of the auction... its like process of elimination... if i don't win with one item, i might win it at a more humble price on another...

.... guess i can be classified as a pretty hard core bargain hunter... --- and proud of it :smile:

i've been guilty of watching an item and not bidding... what i usually do is shop for a bunch of similar items at a time, set a price tag in my head, and wait to see if i have a shot at winning towards the end of the auction... its like process of elimination... if i don't win with one item, i might win it at a more humble price on another...

.... guess i can be classified as a pretty hard core bargain hunter... --- and proud of it :smile:

Ditto. I suppose the amount of watchers reflect on the level of interest on your auction. I had 3 watchers on my Dior bag which ran for 5 days and I managed to sell it off in the end. I was quite discouraged by the number of watchers though. It really varies. Good luck!

From personal experience, you cannot predict a sale based on watchers. It seems that a lot of people are using their watch list as a "wish" list. I've had items up with 30+ watchers and then no bids. Other times, 5 or under watchers and the item sells. You never know....

I agree :yes: I have had some of my auctions end with over 40 watchers. Then, I have had items listed for 5 days without a single watcher and then somebody BIN. You never know. All it takes is one person looking for what you have to offer. :shrugs:

I agree :yes: I have had some of my auctions end with over 40 watchers. Then, I have had items listed for 5 days without a single watcher and then somebody BIN. You never know. All it takes is one person looking for what you have to offer. :shrugs:

I absolutely couldn't have said it better myself.

A while back I sold a chloe bag on ebay. As soon as I listed it, I pulled all the similar style chloes from ebay and put them on my watch list. I wanted to compare and see who's chloe will sell the highest!!

I am really new to this selling on ebay thing. So I list a few small items and I notice ALOT of watchers but no bidders....? Why is that? I stated in the auction if there was questions or anyone needed more pics I would be happy to oblige. So, no emails but Alot of watchers. For me, I watch something because I actually want to buy it. I guess I just don't get it. Both my auctions ended with lots of watchers but no bids.