what is this chicken skin under my eyes?

oh no, I started noticing exactly the same issue recently under my eyes and couldnt find any info either, thank you for starting this thread!

Its not wrinkles, and its not millia, chicken skin is a perfect description of how it looks like. I started using a new eye cream recently and now Im thinking of stopping...I also have been diagnosed with some hormonal problems, maybe this is the source too?

Anyway, I booked an appointment with a very reputable dermatologist when Im back home in June and will definitely follow up on this...

omg! Thanks for posting pics and how appropriate of a term is chicken skin?! The minute I read your title, I knew exactly what you were talking about...haha.

I have the exact same ones. I'm 27 now and the first time I noticed them were maybe 3 years ago, and my derm told me they weren't milia and to just leave them...:shrugs: Since then, they have gotten a little bigger, a little more noticeable, just like my pores have grown a little bigger...:sad:

Keep us posted those of you who were going to see your derms, I'd love to hear what different derms have to say about these!

My aunt developed bumps near her eyes recently (particular below the bottom eyelid), and her dermatologist told her it was because she was applying too heavy of an amount of eye cream around that area before she went to bed, so now she has to lighten the usage. Not sure what brand she used, but I have a feeling it's just from the heavy use in general. She's 54 this year.

I went to 2 different dermatologists. The both said they can be removed using a procedure that involves pulsing some electricity on the bumps (i guess some form of laser).

I don't think that's a laser I think that's electrosurgery. I had a skin tag on my neck when I was in high school. And I don't recall what the machine my DR used was called but I recall it used a current of electricity that went from one side to the other and it essentially "burned" it off. I had a mole on my neck too and he's like you don't want that there I'll take care of it for you and before I could even respond he zapped it. The skin tag hurt a little bit but no where near as much as the mole did.

My aunt developed bumps near her eyes recently (particular below the bottom eyelid), and her dermatologist told her it was because she was applying too heavy of an amount of eye cream around that area before she went to bed, so now she has to lighten the usage. Not sure what brand she used, but I have a feeling it's just from the heavy use in general. She's 54 this year.

I've only just started using eye cream within the past 6 months and have always had the bumps....

Hi, I was just googling about this and found this thread on here. I have the same exact thing under my eyes and I am 16! So I don't think it's an "aging" problem, I have noticed other people my age with them, and my younger sister has them as well. They bother me so much and I can't get rid of them at all! I believe I noticed them developing after using a thick concealer from Urban Decay under my eyes (because I have dark circles), and I heard thick concealers/eye creams can cause them because dead skin cells are unable to slough off.

I hate it and it makes my under eye area look horrible, having this problem AND dark circles makes me feel like an old lady or something. :sad: Would going to a dermatologist help?

eta; I did some more research on it and I believe it's called "Syringoma"...

Last edited:
I too knew what it was when I read the title of the thread and before I saw the pic. I have it too and have had it for a few years now. Just assumed it was normal since I noticed it on other gals. I'm 30 btw and do use eye cream. If there is a treatment for it which I doubt, please let us know.

This thread has seriously made me feel SO much better...... :biggrin:

I am 23 and just recently (within the last month or two) started noticing these bumps under my eyes, right in the dark circle area where you would normally put concealer. It has been realllllly bothering me because you can't cover/hide texture ya know? I am almost positive that these bumps appeared as a result of using Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer under my eyes... I didn't have the bumps before I started using it, I used it religiously every day for a little over a month, and now I have them!!! :sad:

I've been doing TONS of research online to try and figure this out (that's how I found this post! lol) and one other person in this thread mentioned it, but it definitely seems to be Syringoma. You can Google it and find lots of info on it... but keep in mind most of the pics that come up are of a lot more severe cases! I have a derm appointment set for early next week so I will know for sure then.... Has anyone else gotten anymore info on this? According to most of the stuff I've read, the only way to get rid of it is laser procedures from the dermatologist.. :sad:

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread! It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!

You and me both whitneybh! So I came into this forum and searched Urban Decay....... Anyway, as soon as read this title I clicked on this thread so fast...lol. I was just googling this last night and have been, trying to find answers and not finding much. Another club member here and I don't like it. Everything I read is about milia, but chicken skin is absolutely more accurate and I feel like I've always had it. I deal with it, but knowing so many of you have it too is comforting, as selfish as that is. lol. I know it's stupid, but I seriously thought it wasn't common. I've always felt like everyone in the world had perfect smooth under eye areas except me. Well, wish we all didn't have this silly issue, but I do feel better now knowing I'm good company. Thank you ladies.:smile:

chicken skin. lol

Last edited: