What is the one thing people must visit

In Charlotte, N.C...

South 21 Drive in...it was even featured on Alton Brown's travel/food show on the food network! Best onion rings! There are two, but I go to the one on South Blvd.

In Richmond VA...Hollywood Cemetery...the Museum of the Confederacy...all the plantations just outside of town along route 5...the bars and restaurants of Shockoe Slip and Shockoe Bottom...the Canal Walk...a day trip to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown....I'm a pretty good activities director, LOL, when I lived in San Diego I had out-of-town visitors all the time and got real good at planning itineraries.

Hmmm...IDK. I live in a very small town and there's not much to see here.

BUT the thing that is a must is our Winefest in the beginning of June! All of the local wineries (sp?) in our town (we have around 4 of them!) present their wines for the year. There's also 2 bands that play and lots of food :smile: The whole town is basically shut down and the main street (all cobblestoned) that runs through the whole town is set up with tables and benches. There's always a TON of people there! I think last year they counted around 5000!