What is the metal strap on Brooke like?

1. Really like the look of this bag but wonder if the metal strap would be annoying, is it clumsy and uncomfortable? Would the Effie be a better option? Why is Effie £100 more expensive?

2. Effie is quite a bit larger than Brooke. Effie is an everyday, let me carry all my junk around bag. Brooke is more of a night out bag. I tried the Brooke at the store and the handle seemed heavy for such a small bag. I love my Effie.

3. Thanks pixargirl, an Effie would probably be better for my purposes, could you fit A4 sized books etc in Effie?

4. I can fit a Time magazine in my Effie if i fold it lengthwise. The bag is definitely long enough, but not tall enough. The book would fit, but the flap wouldn't go down enough to close the buttons.

5. Yes the Effie is bigger but not that much unfortunately - the strap is fine though can be cold if you wear it on bare shoulders!

The Brooke is quite small - have you tried it on?:smile:

6. I've had a look at the books that I would need to carry in it and they are not quite as big as A4 so perhaps there is a chance they would fit.

I am going to Edinburgh tomorrow so will be on the lookout for Mulberry, Harvey Nicks, House of Fraser and Jenners I assume would be the best bet and if I can convince my friends to linger long enough I will have a big trying on session! :drool: Perhaps I should leave the credit card at home! :graucho:

Thanks for all the help, will report back and let you know how I got on.