What is the best year for a Black City?

beauxgoris, the s/s 04 has silver hardware, while f/w 04 should have raised brass hardware (first season it came out). The 04 leather is absolutely TDF! I've had an 04 anis city once, and have another 04 bag now, and seriously, there's nothing like it! I have an s/s 02, s/s 05, f/w 05, and s/s 06 bags to compare it with. The 04 leather is just soooo sooft that it won't hold its shape at all, not even on the corners! It's amazing!

edit: ooops mimi beat me to it :lol:

^^Thanks ladies. I'll put this info on my back burner. We're in process of moving and major life changes so I need to be good (for at least a month!) - maybe i'll look into this in Oct! :flowers: :heart:

It's far from the best but I just have to say how much I love my F/W 06 black City! It is SUCH a far cry from my other 06 bags. It's squishy and although it does have veins, it's not shiny and the veinyness is not "white".... it just blends in. Barney's had this one in the back and I almost thought for a while that it was a return of an older bag. It's not, but it looks and feels so good!

Glimmer said:
It's far from the best but I just have to say how much I love my F/W 06 black City! It is SUCH a far cry from my other 06 bags. It's squishy and although it does have veins, it's not shiny and the veinyness is not "white".... it just blends in. Barney's had this one in the back and I almost thought for a while that it was a return of an older bag. It's not, but it looks and feels so good!

This is promising news, Glimmer! I've been holding off on buying my Black City waiting for a season with lovely soft thick leather(missed out on earlier years since I'm new to Bbags this summer). Sounds like the F 06 leather is definitely worth checking out.

Pupster, I bought mine at Barney's and there were several on the floor. I asked the SA if they had anymore in back and she came out with this one. I could tell from a distance that it was "the one". I didn't compare tags at the time but I really think what was on the floor were S/S bags and mine is a F/W. Again, it doesn't hold a candle to old school leather but it IS so much nicer (IMO) than some of the other 06 bags, including my own.

Here's a pic...lol...... I looked really hippy so I squatted so you can't see my hips. :shame:

Attachments

• 06 City.jpg
    06 City.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 81
Glimmer said:
Pupster, I bought mine at Barney's and there were several on the floor. I asked the SA if they had anymore in back and she came out with this one. I could tell from a distance that it was "the one". I didn't compare tags at the time but I really think what was on the floor were S/S bags and mine is a F/W. Again, it doesn't hold a candle to old school leather but it IS so much nicer (IMO) than some of the other 06 bags, including my own.

Here's a pic...lol...... I looked really hippy so I squatted so you can't see my hips. :shame:

What are the numbers on your tag?

Glimmer said:
Yep, that's what I'm saying....I was trying to illustrate that I thought the other bags were S/S but I knew mine was F/W. Anyway! :smile:

oh! I must've misread your post! I thought you said that because they had the bag in the back you thought it was an older bag. :shrugs: