What is the best year for a Black City?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I love my 2006 s/s black city - but the leather on my 2001 le dix and f/w 2006 Rouge Vif is really something special. I began flirting with the idea of finding the perfect black city. I love the smooshy spongy leather of my other two bags - so I was just wondering if there was a year where the leather on the Black City bags was really wonderful? (and what color the hardware was that year too?)

This is more for the memory banks - or for the future as my bag funds are tapped out now for quite a while.

Is there a year that the leather etc. on the black cities was considered the best?

B-bag experts - let me hear from ya! :heart:

I like my '05 s/s leather. It's really, really soft. The earlier bags are so hard to find now, and so expensive--maybe one of this vintage would be just fine, and more affordable??

I just saw a black from this season and it was amazing: very thick leather and not veiny and marbely at all so you might get a new black later in the year.

By chance I found the most amazing 06 last winter. It stood out like a sore thumb from the others. It's the softest leather I've ever seen, like butter - no veining, no marbling. It's not thick but that's my preference for me a bbag has to pull and slouch from the handles with nothing in them.

percephonie said:
I have an 04 black city and it has the softest leather out of all my bbags

i have an 04 black city too, and its a totally different animal than any of my other bags....soft soft soft...

but i also agree with the ladies, 05 is a pretty good year, i have an 05 first S/S and kick myself that i did on that day splurge for the city. i originally went to bal to get the city, and opted for the first for money reasons.... oh, if only i could go back in time.......

I like the 05 best. I've "felt up" :lol: a bunch of 06 blacks and I don't like their leather at all. I find the 06 blacks look grayish because of the distressing. They look like marbles :wtf:. The 04 leather was wonderful, but I don't like the silver hardwear. I like the 05 blacks because they're soft and squishy and the bronze hardwear gives the bag such a rustic appeal - I love it.:love: