What is the best way to reduce a fever?

1. A couple of hours ago I came home, and now I feel a fever coming on. I also have the chills and body aches. I never get sick, so this is really annoying to me. Any suggestions? Is it feed a fever, starve a cold? or vice versa? TIA
  2. I think aspirin is what has worked for a century, along with fluids so you don't get dehydrated.
  3. I don't take anything. A fever is your body trying to kill off the bad stuff, so it let it do its job. I would just get in bed and pull the covers over me. After a while your fever will break and you should be fine. But, keep an eye on your temp. If you're getting in the 103 range, go ahead and take something. If that doesn't bring it down within an hour, go see a doc.
    And yeah, keep hydrated
  4. ^Very well said. It's what I do.
  5. I try to break a sweat under the covers after drinking theraflu...I love that stuff.

If you are already sleeping, it's good. However, if you still feel like crap in the morning, take an aspirin or ibuprofen (advil) if you are not allergic to them.

tomorrow night, if you still have some fever. you can take a drowsy fever reducing pill, a syrup, theraflu tea, or another fever reducing pill and sleep.

Sweating is good, but you might actually increase your temp by trying to sweat out naturally under the covers. If after trying a while to sweat it off, and if your eyes feel like they are popping out or if you are really dizzy, your temp is increaseing too much. Get some ice and put it on your head, keep it cool, rather than trying to sweat under the covers.