What is the best LV to start your collection?

1. i have been thinking about this for a while and the forum is so helpful but it also makes it confusing. What is a good piece to start off with that is not too expensive. I like the petit noe but am open to other suggestions.

2. everyone's going to tell you the Speedy, but it really depends on what kind of bag you want: shoulder or handheld

3. i think i would prefer something to put on my shoulder. i like the speedy but I see it all the time. It would be nice to have something a little different.

4. how about the Popincourt Haut then? i have that and i love it. it's a very comfortable and roomy bag :yes:

[​IMG]

5. oh that is a nice one. I don't think i have ever seen it before. is it pricey?

6. I think the Petit Noe you suggested, or the PH Sandra sugested would both be great first additions and both a little different, like you want! Good Luck!

7. Petit Noe--$720 US
    PH--$860 US

8. I'D SAY Mono speedy (any size), it's classic....great way to get addicted to LV!

9. thanks so much everyone for helping. i wish I could go into the store to try different bags on but I feel very intimidated asking to look at different bags.
    I'm a young student and i don't want them to think i'm a bother. i can't buy a different bag every month like most LV customers:shame:

10. my sister says I should buy a computer before i buy LV so I don't have to come to her house to use hers all the time. ha ha ha
    Why should I when i have her. More money for LV. ha ha ha

11. You shouldn't view yourself as a bother -- a customer is a customer! Your money is as good as anyone else's!

I love the Cabas Piano as a first bag -- it wasn't my first but I use it every day!! It is great.

Another thought is looking at used --there are great buys out there (particularly as people purge for holiday money!!) Good luck!

12. Well, first of all, don't you feel intimidated! I can not speak for everyone else, but I don't buy a new bag each month. People OFTEN browse, and you will read many threads of people going in to see bags IRL and try them on, and leave to think it over, or bc the time or money was not right.
    Check out the visual aide threads. I always do first to see how something looks on others, then it sometimes at least helps me narrow down my choices, so when I do go to LV, I can make a quicker decision. Otherwise, I can get overwhelmed there...too many pretty things to see!
    Half the time when I am there people are purely looking, shopping, playing, so don't think everyone there is buying!
    Good luck and remember---it's supposed to be fun!!! Enjoy!!!:yes:

13. Yeah I think yuex said it right when you need to consider shoulder or handheld. Narrow yourself down to four bags and then go to the store and try them all on.

14. I was a shoulder bag person until I bought my first speedy. Now I love a handheld. Plus the speedy always looks good - especially in epi.

15. I'm not too sure what's "best", but I started my collection with a white Multicolore Pochette. I love MC! : )