What is the best brand for engagement rings?

To me, I think finding a reputable jeweler who does custom rings is the way to go. That way you get what you want and it is unique like you! That’s what we did, and my ring is one of a kind so it’s nice to see different rings. But for example, I had a good 80 people on my Facebook get engaged on Christmas or New Years and I saw a few of the same exact rings! Kay’s or Zales must have had a sale. If you’re wanting to get the best of the best, and something that never loses value, I’d say go the Tiffany route, however you will be paying for the name. To me the name didn’t matter, and it’s always fun designing with a jeweler and making your dream ring!

def Tiffany. Its more reasonably priced than some of the others (cartier) and you know the stone is of supurb quality. It may be more expensive than purchasing from blue nile or other retailers, but you know you are getting quality and dont need to haggle, etc. Diamonds are an emotional decision and lack logic all together, so going for a better diamond and a good buying experience is in my opinion better than going for a "good deal."
We looked at many Tiffany and Cartier rings set with very average stones. Going with a brand name does not guarantee anything! Going with custom setting of a triple x stone does not mean you are getting a “deal” either but excellent value and something unique.

No matter what the brand name is, nothing retains their value once you leave the store. I understand the name seem appealing by itself but that is that. Gold is gold no matter the brand. Ive worn cartier and a david yurman ring and not even one care where i bought it or what brand is it. I get compliments for my dy ring not because of its name but because they think the ring is beautiful. They only ask if it is gold? Diamond etc. Check etsy i see lots of beautiful antique or vinatge rings there

Another vote for Tiffany & Co. (totally biased though, that's where DH bought my ring). Between the quality of their metal work/settings, customer service, and upgrade policy, T&Co is wonderful. True, you could get a larger stone for less money elsewhere, but looking for purely the best brand, it's hard to choose anything other than the little blue box.

Tiffanys, Cartier and Harry Winston are among the highest 'ranked' brands, but like someone posted above, you can get a stone with the exact same quality for a lower price. :smile:
Who ranks these brands? I think they are simply well known because they spend the most on advertising and marketing and those who feel compelled to buy only name brands have unfortunately fallen for it. These lines certainly have fantastic settings but I agree with other posters...the center stones vary widely in quality. Put the money into the the best stones possible and buy a simple setting. Your taste changes and your first upgrade can be a beautiful custom designed and unique setting.

No brand at all. Unless you were to walk around with the box and the paperwork to show it came from a particular brand, nobody is going to care. Pay for what you can see, which is the 4c’s. Branded diamonds are exactly that, branded diamonds, you cannot tell the difference even with loupes, where a diamond was purchased (unless the diamond is laser engraved on a girdle). My biggest gripe about diamonds is that you pay for what you get, and it is more economical to get a better quality stone GIA graded rather than a branded diamond. All diamonds will lose some value over time anyway. HTH

No brand at all. Unless you were to walk around with the box and the paperwork to show it came from a particular brand, nobody is going to care. Pay for what you can see, which is the 4c’s. Branded diamonds are exactly that, branded diamonds, you cannot tell the difference even with loupes, where a diamond was purchased (unless the diamond is laser engraved on a girdle). My biggest gripe about diamonds is that you pay for what you get, and it is more economical to get a better quality stone GIA graded rather than a branded diamond. All diamonds will lose some value over time anyway. HTH

I agree with you. No one ask for the brand name of your ring at all. They usually ask if its gold or real diamond if any. I have a gold david yurman ring. I get compliments all the time and they never ask. I usually tell them the brand if they ask where I bought it but the name didnt even ring a bell lol. I wear my cartier trinity ring everyday and no one pays attention to it,