What is the best 1st Chanel Bag?

1. Hi, I am thinking of purchasing my 1st Chanel bag. What is the best 'starter' bag? Which is the classic that everyone should have? I am thirty years old. I live in NYC and work in the finance industry in Midtown. I like classic bags but I don't like business type bags. I want something that can be used during the week and weekends. Thanks for your help.
  2. Probably a classic flap. The reissues are TDF too. :biggrin:
  3. great thread!:yes: i'm around your age and have been thinking of getting my first chanel bag as well.:sweatdrop:
  4. Same here...but I just made my 1st purchase, a 225 dark silver reissue. I only spent less than 2 weeks on TPF & then I made my final decision. & even I was lucky enough to find the one I want (probably the only one available at that time) with all the help from fellow TPFers. Good luck & I would say flap bag is the best 1st Chanel purchase. But you better act fast before the new price increase within the next few weeks!
  5. Im contemplating my 1st chanel purchase too (hopefully) i was thinking of a PST....I like my bags a little roomy. I think the GST might be a bit too big though.
  6. mine was a reissue and I think I made the right choice.
  7. U can't go wrong with a classic flap-but I love a GST for everyday! Go try some on to see which one "fits" the best!!!
  8. I think a flap is a great first, but you mentioned using it for the work week so I would go with a classic tote like the GST or the cerf........good luck!
  9. i say cerf!! :p
  10. there's also a few others here in the same boat as you too and who've asked similar questions as well about a good "first" chanel...a quick search should help you find these...maybe these will help inspire you as well! good luck! and don't forget to post pics of your new purchase! (ha ha, as for me, i'm contemplating my first chanel too, and i think it's going to be a flap all the way!)
  11. Well I always thought that the GST would be the best first chanelpurse, but I was so wrong.
    The MC/ east west tote just did it for me! the gst was to small IMO, and the MC tote was just the richt size and the best of all it doesn't slip from the shoulder. I'm more of tote person, so the reissue or classics are not the best bags for me....
    I would say, just go in the boutique and try on some bags..Tell the SA what your looking for in a bag...
    I think that's the best way to narrow it down on what style suits you the best!
  12. Am also getting my first chanel next week, and i'm thinking of getting either the Jumbo flap or the timeless small tote.
  13. probably a jumbo flap! :smile:
  14. Black caviar e/w flap - I just got this bag and absolutely love it!
  15. I'm also looking into buying my first Chanel bag within the next few weeks, and I've been thinking about the jumbo classic flap. The more I look at the reissues, though, the more I like them. I'm not sure yet which one I'll get.