what is it like to be naturally beautiful?

I am satisfied with how I look without makeup. Of course, makeup does enhance the features, but I think one should not depend on it to perceive oneself as 'beautiful'. Be happy with what you have.

I do think though, sadly, that life for those who are perceived as beautiful by society does go through life a bit easier. Of course, it does depend on the individual. Generally speaking though, it seems to be easier. We live in a shallow society and many people are more accepting and open to those who look more 'presentable' and 'attractive' in their eyes. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I was watching a show - it was a while back and I forget what channel - where an experiment was done to determine whether or not 'beautiful' people get through life easier. For instance, they had an 'attractive' woman go into an interview and taped it. Subsequently, they had a less attractive woman go in for the interview. (Keep in mind, the interviewer was genuinely conducting an interview for a job position and did not know he was a part of this experiment.) When reviewing the tapes of the two interviews, it was shown that the interviewer had more eye contact with the more attractive woman, indicating that he was more engaged with her. The two women had almost identical credentials but the interviewer ended up hiring the more attractive woman.
There was also another experiment where they put a more 'attractive' woman at the side of a highway with a broken down car. In the duration of her standing there trying to get assistance from other drivers, 4-5 men would pull over and help her out. Often, at the same time. But when they placed a 'less attractive' woman in the same situation, about 1 man would stop in averagely every 20 minutes to help her out.

I don't know if there is such a thing as naturally beautiful. I mean even all of the women who I would consider naturally beautiful wind up doing things to enhance their beauty. I think it is much harder for them to accept aging as well. It seems the real beauties are the ones who get plastic surgery and spend tons of money trying to "keep" their looks as they age. It's an eternal dilemma either way!:shrugs:

I agree everyone is beautiful in their own way. I don't know if we were made to wear all the makeup we do, and enhance ourselves in the way we do. Personally, I prefer not to wear make-up and my husband prefers it that way. But when I'm going to work or out, I definitely wear makeup and feel prettier.

I agree that makeup should be used as an enhancer, not as a mask to completely conceal how you naturally look. Everybody is beautiful in their own way. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

Wowsa! If anyone answers this question I am afraid they will be considered conceited among their fellow tPFers! I think I will pass!!!

your killing me here:roflmfao: however I'm not sure I understand the question totally? are you saying what does it feel like to be able to leave the house without having to where make-up? are there anyone of us out there that do leave the house with out wearing makeup and dont feel like they look scary?? Is this what you mean?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and what one person percieves as beauty may not be judged as beautiful by another. In general, the more attractive people have an easier life. We all know this. I'm comfortable in my own skin and am teaching my daughter the same self acceptance. I don't walk around thinking that I'm God's gift to man, but I surely don't feel that I look like a dog either.

^I agree:yes:

As for life being easier, I think some things may come easier, but not everything, or some things come at a price.
People are judged no matter what they look like and then treated a certain way because of it.
I know some naturally attractive people have less friends as sometimes people seem to be less friendly towards them, or they aren't comfortble w/ certain attention paid to them, etc. . . .
I think very outgoing and charismatic people have easier lives perhaps, but I don't think it's always skin deep.

Wowsa! If anyone answers this question I am afraid they will be considered conceited among their fellow tPFers! I think I will pass!!!

^ LOL! I know what you mean.

The only reason I clicked on this thread, is because I was like "OMG! I can't believe anyone would answer that!"

But to semi-answer the question... My sister is "naturally beautiful." She's 5'8" and about 110 lbs (doesn't diet, doesn't work out). She is very striking, looks like a model. Everyone--male AND female--fawns over her wherever we go. I love my sister, but she is VERY vain. She literally will not step foot out of the house without heels, styled hair and a full face of makeup. Basically she puts her own appearance ahead of everyone else's needs. I honestly think that if her husband was bleeding to death, she would make him wait while she "got ready" to go to the hospital. She also KNOWS that she's beautiful and talks about it allllllllll the time. Strangers may be impressed by her, but she really doesn't have any friends. She's always been "the pretty one," but I've never wanted to switch places with her. It may sound like a cliche, but looks only get you so far. You have to be pretty on the inside too :yes:

wow! I've known a lot of naturally beautiful people in my lifetime but none like that.
I hear about them but thankfully don't know them!
That's insane!

I'm *PERFECT*, but I like to put my other 'face' with make-up on before I step out, just to humble myself. :graucho:KIDDING, ladies, just kidding!!! Beauty is as relative as anything else in life... I don't really understand this question to be honest, but I couldn't push down my sarcastic personality on this one