What is Fashionphile smoking?

I got a smoking deal from them before, it wasnt over priced either..They are great people i think...If they have over priced items then just dont bid on them!

It has nothing to do with whether or not they are "great people", it just isn't fair to use a highly ranked name to bilk unsuspecting buyers into paying more than retail for a used item.

So far, I've heard more negatives about Fashionphile than positives; selling fakes, overpricing, items not as described, slow customer service. My question is, why are they still in business? Is it because it's a pretty niche market (authentic LV resellers)? Not being a wise-guy....just looking for opinions?

So what is up with them selling bandeaus for $35 over the price LV sells them?!? I know that LV still has the pink travel one in stock via 866...and its only $130- so how can Fashionphile justify selling it at $165? Thats almost a markup of 25%!!! :confused1: Not cool!

So far, I've heard more negatives about Fashionphile than positives; selling fakes, overpricing, items not as described, slow customer service. My question is, why are they still in business? Is it because it's a pretty niche market (authentic LV resellers)? Not being a wise-guy....just looking for opinions?

My guess is that they are generally trustworthy...and in a used LV world- that is pretty rare!

That being said, this still bites! I also think they do a bad job at 'rating' their items (for example "very good condition" might mean "only ink stains on the inside where only you will see them!"). But they do have great pictures for the most part, so you should know what you are buying (it can be such a pain asking a seller for more pictures). I know if I ever buy from them it will be with good price checking analysis! :s

Like everything else, you need to research items you buy. I don't see the issue if someone is willing to pay over retail. If you think the price is too high, don't bid.
I have gotten good deals from her. I only bid the price I'm willing to pay. If the BIN is too high, I move on.

I emailed Fashionphile once, when she had another Neverful listed for a price above retail. The answer I received was they are listed at a higher price for people who don't live in the US and can't get them elsewhere and are willing to pay more.

^ yeah and it's also cuz she probably loves to snipe and turns a potential good deal for the average second hand consumer into a bad one especially since she has to tack on her profit and ebay fees in order to resell...

not too hard to tell I'm still a little bitter?