What is Chanel doing now?????

1. I was out yesterday at a Chanel store in the new york area and I was talking to one of my favorite SA's. He told me they are re doing the modern chain and changing the chain to big plastic rings for cruise. Its supposed to be "playful". He also warned me that nothing was TDF such as in the past collections. Plastic rings on a bag that is almost 3K? WTF?:push:

Also, saw the Brooklyn collection in brown. Not a fan, very monochromatic compared to the black.
  2. I'm no expert on Chanel, but it seems to me that they often do on-trend bags that are kind of "so what" in person, either because of the design or the price. I noticed the small evening bag with the chains and hanging CC (also looked to be in chains) and thought it was cute - but not $6000+ cute!
  3. well, in addition to this 'playful' bag/ligne there will likely be other great lignes. They can't all appeal to all of us all the time:shrugs:
    I remember when they started introducing this upcoming F/W most of us were disappointed, but it seems like a lot of us have changed our minds and are snapping up new Reissue colors, Expandable, Sharpeys . . . .

They always seem to have a few novelty items to appeal to a different crowd.

I'm likely with you though, I won't be buying a playful Chanel bag w/ plastic hardware! LOL!
  4. i am thinking they are changing MC straps to plastic to make the bag lighter. I will reserve judgement on this bag until i see it. It might turn out to be great looking ;)
  5. I was told the m/c tote was going to have the regular caviar leather and the cc's were going to be patent. The chain was going to be the same color as the bag ie black on black, white chain for a white bag. There were also going to be several different colors.
  6. I heard awhile back that they are going to make the Modern Chain Tote for Cruise with tortoise shell-like chains to make it lighter. That would be interesting to see.

-Stephanie (pond23)
  7. Vinyl and now plastic chains.....feel like I'm shopping at Toys R Us...hehehe.:p

8. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
  9. curious to see...
  10. UCK, no plastic chain for me.