Jimmy Choo What is biker leather?

I just want to know what is biker leather. I want to buy a JC bag from NM, but it say biker leather. What is it? Is it hard to take care of?:confused1:

Biker leather is a name that JChoo has for calf that has a distressed look. It is lovely and there are many fans! Biker leather is not hard to take care of. Take a look at the Ramona, Riki, and Ring threads in the Choo reference library, there are several examples.

I just want to know what is biker leather. I want to buy a JC bag from NM, but it say biker leather. What is it? Is it hard to take care of?:confused1:

If you're referring to this navy Ramona: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...gleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944ci_sku=NMOF8_V04QB

then I think NM's description is wrong. IMO, this Ramona is actually DRUMMED leather, which looks like it's from an exotic hide (ain't gonna say more and ruin it for ian!) whereas BIKER leather is lightweight and has a matte finish which gives it a more a casual, distressed and worn-in look. The belt is done in shiny watersnake and so this trim, along with the neutral-colored hardware, provides a nice contrast and really jazzes up the whole look. Here are pics of mine: http://forum.purseblog.com/jimmy-choo/black-ring-from-nap-pics-152369.html

If you're referring to this navy Ramona: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...gleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944ci_sku=NMOF8_V04QB

then I think NM's description is wrong. IMO, this Ramona is actually DRUMMED leather,

This is such a big peeve of mine. I called NM and pointed out their incorrect description of the bag. I got the impression that the rep really didn't care. That navy bag IS the Ramona in drummed leather.

With Google and search engines so prevalent, I wonder if NM intentionally misleads consumers by describing a bag with key terms (like "biker") that are known to be desireable? :confused1:

I too noticed the discrepancy in NM's description and it would really anger me to order the bag and then have to send it back. :tdown:

Because there is a 'uge difference between biker and drummed leather (beside the fact that I have a near aversion to one of them!). But the biker leather also has the water snake trim and that is also a big difference if it's something you're expecting.

With Google and search engines so prevalent, I wonder if NM intentionally misleads consumers by describing a bag with key terms (like "biker") that are known to be desireable? :confused1:

I don't tend to think there is strategy behind it. The frustration that is caused when someone orders a bag (do they trust the picture or the description?), and then does not get what they expected, can result in a lost customer. A lost customer who tells all their friends about the sloppy website that cannot be relied upon. I choose to believe that these retail companies, despite the huge profit margins, are short sighted and try to get people to work for cheap. Cheap workers just don't seem to develop ownership and loyalty in the company they work for. When someone doesn't really value you (i.e. minimal pay, yet high expectations) it is difficult to be motivated to do an excellent job.

I don't tend to think there is strategy behind it. The frustration that is caused when someone orders a bag (do they trust the picture or the description?), and then does not get what they expected, can result in a lost customer. A lost customer who tells all their friends about the sloppy website that cannot be relied upon. I choose to believe that these retail companies, despite the huge profit margins, are short sighted and try to get people to work for cheap. Cheap workers just don't seem to develop ownership and loyalty in the company they work for. When someone doesn't really value you (i.e. minimal pay, yet high expectations) it is difficult to be motivated to do an excellent job.

You have an excellent point. Maybe their goof-ups aren't intentional. But man, do I feel sorry for those non-tPFers who get soooo excited about finding the bag of their dreams online, and then are sorely disappointed when the NM package arrives. :tdown:

Then again come to think of it, when I ordered three sale Chloe bags from NM over the summer, they accurately sent me two Ediths but made a mistake by sending me a white Patsy instead of a different white tote (name escapes me now). Well, it turns out that I absolutely fell in LOVE with the Patsy and didn't care for the Ediths. That was probably one out of many NM blunders that actually turned out in my favor!:tup: