What is/are your favorite OLD SCHOOL RM Bag/s? PICTURES please...

Ny's not too far away - I could bring my bags too :P

Your nikki pictures always make me want to try out a nikki too.

Definitely bring your gorgeous bags!

I know! You're a stone's throw away from me now! Izzy's Mom is visiting me this weekend since she's very close.

You can try any and all of my Nikkis!

In your opinion, if we are to put a timeline on it... upto what year were the old school bags made?

I'm not sure I'll get all of my years correct, but of my bags, this is what I am pretty sure is correct:

Glazed Espresso, Glazed Almond: 2007

Tomato, Stonewash Black, and Stonewash Blue were either 2007 or 2008... but I think 2007.

SS Taupe with silver hw and SS Noir with silver hw: 2008

Thanks... can we say that the old school period ended when RM production went overseas or not really? (lol, I sound like I'm in history class)

I'm not sure I'll get all of my years correct, but of my bags, this is what I am pretty sure is correct:

Glazed Espresso, Glazed Almond: 2007

Tomato, Stonewash Black, and Stonewash Blue were either 2007 or 2008... but I think 2007.

SS Taupe with silver hw and SS Noir with silver hw: 2008

Thanks... can we say that the old school period ended when RM production went overseas or not really? (lol, I sound like I'm in history class)

I consider old school bags to be the ones with the old school brass hardware (some silver) with the rounded "D" ring (MAM & MAB) and long finished tassels.
The old school period ended long before production went overseas.

Old school stopped when signature hardware bags came out. Signature Hardware bags were made in the US and they are not what I consider to be old school bags. After Signature bags came the short finished tassel bags with the new mixed hardware and these were made in the US as well. Examples of these were...Lapis, Coral, Leaf, Periwinkle, Pool, Mint, .....
After that came the glazed bags....Olive and Burgundy (the last US made bags). They have long unfinished tassels, mixed hardware, and the famous black/white floral lining. I love these bags.
Then production went overseas.....Envy, Bright Royal, Plum...etc...were the first bags to be produced overseas and IMO they were inferior in many ways. I took a break buying bags at that time. I'm loving the new leather that RM came out with recenlty....Tangerine, Moss, Beige Pink.

I consider old school bags to be the ones with the old school brass hardware (some silver) with the rounded "D" ring (MAM & MAB) and long finished tassels.

Old school stopped when signature hardware bags came out. Signature Hardware bags were made in the US and they are not what I consider to be old school bags. After Signature bags came the short finished tassel bags with the new mixed hardware and these were made in the US as well. Examples of these were...Lapis, Coral, Leaf, Periwinkle, Pool, Mint, .....
After that came the glazed bags....Olive and Burgundy (the last US made bags). They have long unfinished tassels, mixed hardware, and the famous black/white floral lining. I love these bags.
Then production went overseas.....Envy, Bright Royal, Plum...etc...were the first bags to be produced overseas and IMO they were inferior in many ways. I took a break buying bags at that time. I'm loving the new leather that RM came out with recenlty....Tangerine, Moss, Beige Pink.

Could not have said it better! Literally. ITA with this post... because Mags has dabbled in all sorts of RM's, so she knows the timeline of old school better than I do.

Signature bags, IMO, also marked the end of the true old school bags... which had the brass (or silver) hw with the D rings on MABs and MAMs and the finished tassels. :heart:

Where are your old school bags, lady? I know you have some... :P

Thanks MAGJES ! I saw your collection thread and it's so rich with different kinds of leathers, texture and color!

Could not have said it better! Literally. ITA with this post... because Mags has dabbled in all sorts of RM's, so she knows the timeline of old school better than I do.

Signature bags, IMO, also marked the end of the true old school bags... which had the brass (or silver) hw with the D rings on MABs and MAMs and the finished tassels. :heart:

Where are your old school bags, lady? I know you have some... :P

You know I looooove to post pics!!! You only have to ask once!! :P

Photobucket here I come!

Man - I forgot how much I love to look at old school bags!!

Here's a beauty!!

mams008-1.jpg

010-10.jpg