what if...

I am sorry that this is happening to you. Ebay has prohibited me from selling some items for 6 months. I listed a authentic tiffany necklace that I purchased for tiffany & co myself and they removed my item. I did not understand and thought it was a joke so I relisted so they banned me from listing. I 'm not sure what I have to do after the 6 month period. Does anyone know. I only have one item I was thinking of listing but can I just list it? I am very thankful for this site. It has educated me as a buyer and seller.

OK... each computer has an IP address. If you are at a large corporation, they most likely have a few main IP addresses, and the routers dish out sub-IP addresses to each computer.

I think any website can track both your main IP address, and the IP address that the router assigned to the computers.

IP addresses are regional. So, hypothetically if someone has an ip address starting in 75.131 for example, you would know that they are in Atlanta, GA.

SO, ebay could block out a whole city if they wanted to. They could block out a whole house, or an entire apartment complex. I think it is a similar way that Google filters searches coming out of China.

Were you banned for good reason? If so, I would be more worried about what practices you were participating in. Wish you the best of luck!