What Hermes Items Do You Think Are Overpriced?

I think everything Hermes produces is overpriced but especially the bags.

Just got myself a TPM Evelyne from reseller and while it was nearly £500 less than cost new, it was still IMO outrageously expensive for it's size.:wtf:

OK, so it's handmade..lovingly stitched by a "craftsperson" and stamped to show as much but I picked up a gorgeous handstitched leather bag at a craft fair for £70 and the quality of the leather was just as good AND it was bigger! The only thing it didn't have was the "designer name"..but I did get lots of admiring glances and "Love your bag - where did you get it..it's so unusual" from strangers in the street..possibly because it DIDN'T have LV or H plastered across it!

The prices of the purses and wallets are a joke (I have an Osprey coin purse I picked up at TK Maxx for £7 - it's RRP was £95 so basically £88 is mark-up). You're not going to tell me the cows etc are fed special diets or given herbal massages so they can produce the "luxury" leather.:rolleyes:

As a collector of Steiff bears I would say the horse is a bit expensive as they aren't limited editions - I have a steiff Raffles bear that I paid £250 for but the average bear is about £150-£180 and limited to 2000 or less.

The scarves are gorgeous but £186 is still too much. Granted the edges are hand stitched...but I'm still trying to work out the point of the twilly - seems to me that they are bag accessories (for making your bag look "cute" rather than as a scarf).

While I'd love to own more Hermes products, my bank manager would probably have me commited (as would my DH as he thinks I'm mad spending that amount on "a wee bag"), it won't stop me looking at the new releases or dragging him into the mothership in September with the faint hope that he might treat me to a little something..

[I know he loves me dearly but the chances of that happening are about as good as Paris Hilton being named the next Mother Theresa!];)