What helps you through hard times?

Working out, talking to my friends/bf, counting all my blessings, a good cry

this is mine too I take some time alone put on something sad (lately Grey's anatomy has done it) and cry my eyes out for an hour or so, after pick yourself up make a cup of tea and keep breathing.

It is difficult to hold things in indefinately it helps just to let it out, controlled crying it's a way forward

honestly? taking some time out of my day to do absolutely nothing, watching a good/funny movie or reading a book (often a guilty pleasure kind of book), talking with a close friend from home (especially when i'm homesick, which is all the time), and retail therapy..or i put on a song i love and sing along to it. on days i feel terrible, i go into my wardrobe and wear something special or that makes me feel great - a pink pair of shoes, a dvf wrap dress, etc. it helps take my mind off of the serious matters and onto something more frivolous, and more importantly, something i can control!

My faith, my family, my doggies, my friends. My belief that I am blessed and will not allow a day to go by without being grateful for something, even if it is just that hour I get to spend on tPF, or the walk my dogs take me on :smile:

Thank you so much to everybody!

It is so good to read all this!
To drink a god cup of tea after crying is so soothing...
The wonderful power that comes from a cup of tea was something I learned from my mom and my time in England made me even more aware of it!

Thanks fashionista, I nearly forgot about that wonderful site.

Bubbles, you are right, there is not other way to go through it then to take bad times step by step!

Thank you all, to read this is really doing a lot for my way of feeling! I think I will note everything down, to make something like a " survival journal"!

for me... being with my friends always makes me feel better. i recently went thru a little bit of a heartbreak, and i was feeling down for quite awhile... but my friends were able to make me laugh, and just listen to me when i needed to vent. i don't usually confide in others, and i am often the one that people seek to complain to, ask for advice, or just be a shoulder to lean on... but that doesn't mean i'm immune to the same feelings. i used to hide it, and pretend everything was ok, hoping that things would get better on its own, but i've found that it's not always healthy nor does it work that way...

besides having a wonderful support system... i also work out, listen to music, or just drive away to clear my head. hope you feel better, Londonholly!

What helps me the most is time by myself. I also work out to relieve stress and read books to take take my mind off of whatever is bothering me. I also depend a lot on my friends and family.

I came across a saying while living in Ireland, that has helped me keep level headed when things get tough...
"What's for you, won't pass you by"

Also quiting smoking and drinking has helped me become less dramatic

I look at the sky. I observe the different colors, the clouds, their shape, the colors of the sunset, its progression. Sometimes i look and smell at a beautiful flower or take a walk at a garden. Then i think how lucky i am that i have my eyes and the sanity to observe them. So many people pass on them and never think to just look at the sky and take strength from its colors. Nature is my healer. It's beauty is the enemy of all bad thoughts...

Nothing beats a get-together with the girls to put the world to right..everybody has problems and by sharing them they do become smaller (unless they're massive, LOL)

The ocean also does it for me:smile:

Hope things improve for you, Londonholly, I know the sadness of clearing out a loved ones possessions and the loneliness of moving to a different country, hopefully you'll find yourself in a better place soon:heart: