What helps you through hard times?

1. You know how sometimes everything seems to be too much to deal with?
    At the moment I have many things to deal with, I have to sell my late moms apartment, I moved to a different (my home) country, have to save and have a new job...let`s just say it can be quite hard. But I try to keep positive!:yes:
    I try to do at least one nice thing a day, read a nice book or have a chat with a friend so I do not forget the positive side of life. And I take long walks!
    I would like to know how people here are dealing with hard times?
    Any tips to share?
  2. A good workout..lots of cardio.
  3. Talking to my sister and my husband- the two people who mean the world to me, and who never judge me or think I'm nuts (even if I feel like it!). They accept me exactly as I am and never try to change me. When I have a problem, they just listen to me- they don't feel like they need to solve the problem, they know that I just need to get it off my chest. I hope things start going better for you.:smile:
  4. Thank you fashionista, I so hope everything goes better soon! You are right, real friends and loved ones are the biggest help!
  5. Watch a funny movie, talk to your love ones, and spiritual beliefs usually help me. Stay positive and hang in there!! Things will get better:tup:
  6. Things that help me through hard times:
    1. My faith
    2. working out
    3. keeping my sense of humor
  7. My 2 year old son and my husband always cheer me up... and Shopping...

8. I agree with you on the Faith, and keeping up with my sense of humor too. But Faith is really important, it helps me, and keeps me positive.
  9. working out,quiet spa days......and good music to listen to
  10. The Secret... seeing a healer. I know it sounds weird.. but she works wonders. But... for tough times I look to The Secret.. for a positive boost. I also discuss & "vent" with my sister & best friend in Australia via telephone. Walks at the beach.. are also very calming & therapeutic. I've also found that naming 3 (things/people,events,etc) your grateful for before getting out of bed helps set the mood for the day. Hope that helps a little... hang in there. :wlae:
  11. ITA, thequeen.
  12. Through life's ups and downs (particularly the "downs") I've found that keeping a "Gratitude Journal" can be a life saver! Pick yourself up a small pretty journalling book and every day jot down the things you're most grateful for. You'll be amazed at the power in that!
    . . . and my best wishes to you!!!
  13. Sorry, you're going through a tough time.

So many good suggestions here, I do alot of them. Plus, swimming; water is great for me. Also, I try to do something nice for someone else. Focusing on someone else helps me not dwell on my problems.

We all get down sometimes, even with the best strategies, nothing beats talking with a friend or loved one at those times :smile:
  14. It`s funny, a couple of days ago I took a copy of "The secret" I bought and never read and I like the idea of thinking more about the things I am grateful for! And now I read here about it! I am so lucky to have great friends-one big thing to be thankful for!
    Thank you all so much for the nice words!
    One more thing that helps: a bath and a good cup of tea!
  15. Hey londonholly,

the last year has been really tough for me and continues to be. I take it day by day literally. i'm just trying to survive and get through the day. and if i get through enough days, i'll get through the weeks, months and year that all seem too long.

In some ways, you don't really have the opiont of NOT moving on each day... (unless u have the option of lying in bed and not moving...) you just do what needs to be done. You try to take comfort in whatever you can whether it's lunch with a good friend, shopping or your favorite beverage. but for me, often, none of that makes a difference given what i'm going through.

you just have to hang in there, and hope that one day soon things will start to feel better.

lots of hugs and :heart: Bubbles