What have you done for a Gucci?

1. I'm in love with a Gucci, (even though I just bought the Abbey messenger 2 weeks ago) and hubby says if I want another so soon, I need to find a way other than draining the bank account. So am curious, what has everyone else done when hubby stands in the way of a new bag purchase? I went and listed a bunch of my collection for sale - was the only thing I could think of, since xmas is so far away!:shrugs:

[​IMG]

2. How about a garage sale???? When I lived in the U.S., I would have one for only the morning hours on Friday (7-12), didn't price anything...just told prices when people asked, and once I made $1000 in those 5 hours. And you get rid of a bunch of crap that you don't need anyway!!!!

3. Hey, a garage sale is not a bad idea - I think I'll clean out the garage this weekend. I think the hubby may feel guilty though when he sees me selling a bunch of stuff to buy my bag - I've got a great vision of signs around the neighborhood "garage sale, everything must go to pay for my Gucci":roflmfao:

4. Love that bag you want to get - GOOD LUCK!!!

5. is that the bag you want? omg go get it girl! i just bought this bag a week ago and i was abit hmm about the shape at first but i LOVEEEEEEE this bag soooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! i mean its fabulous! get it get it get it get it get it get it and dont listen to DH just drain the bank haha no im oj i never said that *rolls eyes*

6. I ususally have to sell a few bags to get a new one.. DH and I did the garage sale thing once. We made like $200. Not so much but most of it was because some guy bought a few gold pieces I didn't use...From my 1 garage sale experience, people look for crystal, computers, perfume, and fishing gear... Maybe you'll do well if you have some of those items.

7. Lol...maybe you can counterargue that? If there's something he's obsessed about, you can bring that up to him. On the other hand, I agree w/ what others have to say about the garage sale. Or even look for stuff that could sell on eBay.

8. My husband wanted to go on Vacation with his friends so I said he can go if he buys me 2 gucci bags. He said he would... lucky me!

If I were you I would have a garage sale. It doesn't hurt to try. I'm pretty sure you have a lot of stuff laying around that you don't use. Don't we all...

9. Wow, I just noticed that you arent a Market Place member yet, someone was JUST selling that bag for a VERY great price...

..the buyer happned to be ME.

lol, but things I did to get a bag I wanted was try to eBay n list stuff to raise $.

But by the time I made all the money, i felt bad putting it all into a bag. ;/

10. Thanks for the ideas - Hubby thinks it's the funniest thing watching me scramble around finding items we dont use so I can have a garage sale in the next few weeks - I managed to sell a couple bags over the last few days, so am about half way there to getting my new Abbey bag. My SA called me yesterday letting me know she hasn't been able to find the color i want yet, so I still have some time. We're going to Maui in October so am thinking I may save until then and bring her home from Wailea... will keep you posted on my progress... :smile:

11. I always bribe my husband with breakfast in bed for x days, total control over the tv etc for new bags when he's being stubborn. So far that's done the trick :p

12. Great bag. I think a yard/garage sale is a good idea for this time of year. Maybe, sell some things on eBay. Start a bag fund. That's what I do.

My DH would die if he knew how much I really spent on my little "addiction". SHHHH......................

13. I know the feeling of wanting a Bag and trying to get to buy it!:crybaby:
    I usally buy one /two bags a year. I have the best boyfriend though. He know about my addiction for purses and designer stuff. He does the financing in the house...so he sets a side some money every moth so when it's time for me to shop ...I have some savings ready for me. We like to go on vacations also (2x times a year)...so that's why we compromise about two bags a years....otherwise...it would be a whole lot more :yes: I can't wait for him to graduate from the university...after that..I'm going for the 3 maybe 4 bags a year:graucho::graucho:

14. DOES ANYONE HERE WORK or earn a salary????? well, it seems like i'm the only one who WAITS EVERY 2 WEEKS until my NEXT PAYCHECK ARRIVES then i can buy any gucci i want! :roflmfao:

15. absoluteanne - of course I work - I also have a mortgage, my son 's private school tuition, and my car payment - Gucci usually falls to the bottom of the househhold priorities every 2 weeks, which is why I get creative on building my purse fund.