What gel color for travel?

Update! 9 days afterI got it done, my gel manicure is driving me crazy! I hate the growth line of darker colors, but at least it held up beautifully during my trip and made me feel more put together. I’ll be removing the gel this Monday.
My next trip is longer so I guess I’ll wear something more neutral that shows growth less.

IMG_4469.jpeg

I usually do a neutral mani with a little glitter on one or two nails per hand. Just so that the sparkle isn't too obvious but I have something fun going on. Think Revel Nail Goal Digger with a rose gold glitter or chrome.

So I just came back from my other trip yesterday and I forgot to show my gel polish! I followed your recommendations and wore a neutral. I chose Dulce de Leche which I knew didn’t look that good on my hands (looks great on my toes, though), but it was one of the only neutrals they had at the salon. I got the gel removed today and changed it for Essie’s Ladylike (normal formula, not gel).
I’m dying to wear more vibrant colors but my nails aren’t cooperating right know and are breaking :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_5119.jpeg
    IMG_5119.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5120.jpeg
    IMG_5120.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5125.jpeg
    IMG_5125.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 25
I like picking something fun but that also pulls from the wardrobe I'm bringing. I just love gel because I'm so rough on my nails and my last vacation to French Polynesia they lasted a long time, even being in the water so much.

The most fun was picking a pretty coral before going to Vegas and then finding out it was blacklight reactive at Omega Mart! :love:

Reactions: JulieKat and Pevi
I always opt for something more neutral, usually a pale pink (Essie Ballet Slippers) or, if it’s a more active holiday, a colour that I can reapply/fill in chips when needed. For me, that’s any reds because if I get a chip at the tip of the nail, I just fill it in, add a top layer and you barely even notice.

How exciting to have two trips coming up! For the countryside, a neutral shade like a soft beige or light pink could be perfect. It's versatile and won't clash with any outfit, plus it'll look classy in all those touristic photos. For the big metropolis, a dark shade like deep burgundy or navy could add a touch of sophistication, especially in the colder weather.