What food do you pack for kid to eat at school?

1. My 5-year-old just starts her kindergarten this semester. I have been making her cheese, ham and cheese, or peanut butter sandwich everyday for lunch. I can't think of anything else to make for her. I am not very good at cooking and she is not a very good eater too. Any idea for simple lunch for kid this age? Please tell me.
  2. What are the foods that she will eat? If you list them, we can help you think of recipes.
  3. You might try some wrap-type sandwiches. Before my son was a vegetarian, I made him chicken or turkey caesar wraps. Just use flour tortillas, chicken or turkey lunchmeat, lettuce and caesar dressing. My daughter used to like a peanut butter and banana wrap sandwich.
  4. I have a 12 year old brother (yes, big age difference b/t us!) and he buys lunch now, but used to love taking those "Lunchable" things. I think my mom would put some fruit or carrots in with some of them to make them a bit more balanced.
  5. does she like leftover pizza? My mom used to send us that, or a thermos full of soup that we liked, in the fall and winter.
  6. My son is 8, and sometimes I grill some shrimp in bbq sauce for him and put it on skewers, wrapped in foil..enough to share-- his classmates always ask for some.

For fun, u can also do cheese squares, cubed ham or chicken breast and skewer them with some lightly browned potatoes..!! Think small cubes, small single serve sizes..I cut the bamboo sticks in half. You can ziploc them or foil them.
  7. For sides: applesauce, celery and peanut butter, popcorn, sliced fruit, carrots.

Cold chicken, as others mentioned wraps, those are always a hit...you can slice them too, so they are like pinwheels.
  8. I have 2 sons and when they're not buying lunch at school, they love 1) PBJ sandwiches or 2) sometimes I make my own "lunchables". I roll up some deli meat ( ham or turkey), a couple packages of string cheese, some crackers, applesauce or fruit cup, a container of milk and a homemade cookie or 3) a thermos of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup with a cheese sandwich. I could go on and on........:p