What else does the Givenchy gal/guy love?

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
I've been wondering what other labels/brands we Givenchy-lovers indulge in. Please forgive my nosiness :smile:, but I always find it interesting to see what other brands people like and why. I learn so much and it sometimes affects my shopping.

In my case, I love YSL and then discovered Balenciaga. From there I fell madly in love with Givenchy and then stayed there. I then discovered Chanel - fell in and out of love with it and then discovered Celine (which has cured my Chanel-lust for a little bit). Fendi has piqued my interest (but only a limited interest) and sadly, or perfectly depending on how one looks at things, that's it.

Although I have told myself not to buy any bags from houses I already own, I am back to my favorites and likely will stay there.

So what about you guys? What brands do you keep going to for your bags? Or do you plan on doing something new? What else do the Givenchy lovers love?
:cool:

Hm, if we're just talking bags I'd have to say Givenchy, Alexander Wang, Stella McMartney, Celine.
I'm picky and don't like a whole lot. I rotate the same 4 bags.

Thanks for chiming in, amandas. Which Stella McCartney bag(s) do you like? I have limited knowledge about her pieces - the fallabella (sp?) is all I know from her. Hmm, I should swing by her website...

As for Wang, somehow I always think I should like his stuff but when we meet in person, it just never sings to me for some reason. :shrugs:

Thanks again!

I'm a fan of Balenciaga and Proenza Schouler!!

Yay! Another Givenchy lover that's a Bal gal :smile:

Proenza Schouler is another line that I thought I would like giving how edgy their pieces seem to me. However, not a piece has made it into my collection and I can't see it happening. How's the leather on their bags? I almost bought a wallet once but it didn't have enough card pockets, if I recall correctly. The color - a lovely orange - was TDF though. *sigh*

Yay! Another Givenchy lover that's a Bal gal :smile:

Proenza Schouler is another line that I thought I would like giving how edgy their pieces seem to me. However, not a piece has made it into my collection and I can't see it happening. How's the leather on their bags? I almost bought a wallet once but it didn't have enough card pockets, if I recall correctly. The color - a lovely orange - was TDF though. *sigh*

Proenza has very high quality, in my opinion. The leather just "feels" more sturdy and luxurious than other brands. It gets softer with time but maintains a very structured look, which is an interesting property. The bags are all designed very well with practicality and maximum storage capacity in mind. The most common quality issue I've heard is that rivets fall out. It's never happened to me personally, and I occasionally check them to make sure they are tightly fastened.

Original seasons '09 and '10 had some color shifting issues that have since been resolved. I have a Smoke PS1 from '10 and it has darkened but I really love the change in color. Newer bags, particularly the neutrals, hold their color. I understand that some of the brights fade over time.

So far, though, Givenchy bags have the best quality of any premier designer accessories I own.

I'm pretty new to the bag craze but I have four bags on heavy rotation: PS paper bag shopper, Phillip Lim Pashli messenger (love the shark effect leather), Reed Krakoff gym bag I (I love the smooshy and smooth leather) and my most recent love, Givenchy medium Pandora in goatskin. I have a few MBMJ's from when I was younger, all of which I still adore.

I think eventually I'd like to revisit the PS1 as I've always liked it and I would love a Celine.

Let's see:

I started off with Mulberry but eventually sold them off because I didn't think I love them that much and I can make monies off them. Tried some YSL, Fendi, Proenza as well.

Finally decided and know that Givenchy, Celine and a tiny bit of Prada is for me. I have a Chanel vintage briefcase which I love (I can't carry alot of Chanel because it's not made for men). Going to try some Goyard as well.

Thanks for chiming in, amandas. Which Stella McCartney bag(s) do you like? I have limited knowledge about her pieces - the fallabella (sp?) is all I know from her. Hmm, I should swing by her website...

As for Wang, somehow I always think I should like his stuff but when we meet in person, it just never sings to me for some reason. :shrugs:

Thanks again!

Yep, the falabella is the style I like but I don't love it enough to buy one.

Also, I forgot to include Phillip Lim. Love the pashli!!

Yep, the falabella is the style I like but I don't love it enough to buy one.

Also, I forgot to include Phillip Lim. Love the pashli!!

Hmm, just looked at the pashli and it reminds me of the luggage/phantom/trapeze/winged bags from celine. But it is very beautiful in its own right. I've never seen this bag before...

Off to learn more about it, thanks!!!

BTW, do you own one? If so, how is it?

Proenza has very high quality, in my opinion. The leather just "feels" more sturdy and luxurious than other brands. It gets softer with time but maintains a very structured look, which is an interesting property. The bags are all designed very well with practicality and maximum storage capacity in mind. The most common quality issue I've heard is that rivets fall out. It's never happened to me personally, and I occasionally check them to make sure they are tightly fastened.

Original seasons '09 and '10 had some color shifting issues that have since been resolved. I have a Smoke PS1 from '10 and it has darkened but I really love the change in color. Newer bags, particularly the neutrals, hold their color. I understand that some of the brights fade over time.

So far, though, Givenchy bags have the best quality of any premier designer accessories I own.

I definitely must agree with your take on Givenchy - its no issues whatsoever. I finally put a scratch on my nightingale. I didn't even flinch. When I scratched my anthracite RH work, I was so mad at myself.

That's why I still can't understand how I am yet to buy any more Givenchy. Used to despise pandas (shh, don't tell anybody :biggrin:) but then I saw a girl wearing one at the mall and it just made sense. Now I want one (bought a mini but had to get rid of it as it didn't work). Also want an antigona and a tote (in animal print of all things, but I'm crushing hard!).

Okay let me stop. Yup, Givenchy is very high on my lust list.

I'm pretty new to the bag craze but I have four bags on heavy rotation: PS paper bag shopper, Phillip Lim Pashli messenger (love the shark effect leather), Reed Krakoff gym bag I (I love the smooshy and smooth leather) and my most recent love, Givenchy medium Pandora in goatskin. I have a few MBMJ's from when I was younger, all of which I still adore.

I think eventually I'd like to revisit the PS1 as I've always liked it and I would love a Celine.

Do you ever use your MBMJs or do they just 'rest' at home? A friend and I had an interesting conversation about MBMJ recently. She likes MBMJ things until she finds out it is MBMJ and then she feels she can't possibly spend the money on it. I sort of feel the same way. I did like the Hillier bag for a millisecond but, that was it.

What do/did you like about MBMJ, if I may ask?

Per Celine, I definitely crush many of their bags. I have 1 and used it for 2 weeks straight despite my strict 1 week rotation policy hehe. Which Celine bag are you interested in?