What does your NAME mean?

1. Do you know what the meaning of your name is? Do tell!:p
  2. Well mine suppously is German and it mean Strong Women of War = Gricelda
  3. I have no clue.
  4. I think it means the sun. I was named after Queen Titania from Midsummer Night's Dream.
  5. It's German for Free Man.
  6. Caitlin is Celtic/Gaelic and it means Pure.
  7. My name is Valeen. I have no clue what it means but I know I was named after a character on a soap opera lol.
  8. Melissa - Honey Bee or Bumble Bee or something like that. =T
  9. my name doesn't really have a meaning... it was just made up, however, it's more common than i thought it was
  10. Melanie: he girl's name Melanie \m(e)-la-nie\ is pronounced MEL-a-nee. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "black, dark-skinned". Religion: Saint Melania was a wealthy heiress and philantrophist of the fourth and fifth century who freed thousands of slaves and engaged in lifelong good works. The name was uncommon until the novel "Gone With the Wind" and its characcter Melanie Wilkes. Actresses Melanie Mayron, Melanie Griffith.

Very interesting :smile:

The girl's name Julia \j(u)-lia\ is pronounced joo-lee-AH, zhoo-lee-AH. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "youthful; Jove's child". Feminine form of Julius. Used among the early Christians, but rare in the Middle Ages. Chief Julia Child; opera star Julia Migenes; actresses Julia Ormond, Julia Roberts, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Julia Stiles.
  11. I have seen a couple of meanings...one was bitter :sad: Don't much care for that one....so I will choose to believe the other I have seen:

The one longed for.
  12. sunny .. Bright .. : D
  13. My name is Jessica and it mean's "God's grace" on one website but I could swear I've seen it in another place and it meant "White wave" or something like that lol.
  14. Ist name: Leila, meaning black and Arabic origin, 2nd: Bella, meaning beauty and I don't know the origin.
  15. Victory of the people.