What does extreme heat do to your speedy?

1. Hi everyone!!

well I just FINALLY purchased a mono speedy 30!! I've been wanting it forever!! And I love it!! but I have a few questions about the heat..I live in california and I'm a field auditor which means that I am always in my car so therefore I have to keep my poor speedy in the trunk!! Lately it's been like 115 degrees so does that do anything to the leather of my speedy?

and here's a picture of my beautiful speedy!!
  2. The vachetta tends to have a darker patina once exposed to heat and humidity.
  3. Congrats on your Speedy!
  4. Congrats on your new purchase! I recently just purchased my first LV (Mono Speedy 30- Very much in love right now!!!). Just wondering how I can speed up the darkening of the handles? Will leaving it in direct sunlight damage or dry it out? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  5. congrats!!! :party:
  6. Congrats! It's a wonderful bag!!
  7. Congrats! Not much will happen to the Speedy unless it's being abused. Other than that. It will patina with a even warm tone. Enjoy!
  8. Congrats!
    I love speedys!
  9. Congrats!!!!
  10. thanks everyone :biggrin:
  11. congrats on your speedy. the won't damage your bag, but it will darken faster.
  12. congrats on your speedy! once your speedy has been exposed to heat for a prolonged period of time you will realize that the canvas will be softer and the handles will patina (darken) too...my advice is not to leave your speedy in the car! maybe if you go on a field trip, then use another bag =)
  13. Just be careful with sweaty palms as the handles will darken faster in humid environments! lol
  14. Congrats!!
  15. congrats!