What do you use to tie/decorate your ponytail?

1. Remember the Sex and the City episode where Carrie burns one time BF Burger for having the heroin of his book run around NYC with a scrungy on her hair?!?!?!

I remember many of you mentioning that a scrungy/scrunchy is a big no no...

so what do you ladies use, if anything, to tie your hair in a pony tail? ouchless stretchy bands? glamorous bands from the department stores? One of those with cute plastic ends on both sides? Fancy hair clips? Pins? Chopstix? Claws?

I need suggestions~

2. I love bows. It brings me back to school days. I'm not a big clip person because they aggitate me throughout the day.

3. I use the elastic bands, but nobody really sees them under my hardhat. :o)

4. I still love scrunchies for casual/workout wear. I will not give them up! hehe.

For dressier occassions I just use plain ouchless bands or a big barrette.

5. black elastic bands

6. Black or navy blue elastic bands. Or those elastic bands with sparkle ornaments on them. I love those!

7. goodie black elastic ouchless bands (the ones without the metal)...and bobbi pins sometimes for fun twists and stuff. i always forget to use the rest of the crazy hair stuff i have.

when my hair was longer i LOVED ficcare clips http://www.headgamesonline.com/Products/index.cfm?fuseaction=ViewDetails&productid=45&Categoryid=2
    i seriously wore my silver one like every day...they don't pull your hair at all and make the most elegant easy updos...much better than plastic claw clips! :smile: cannot WAIT for my hair to be long enough again...

8. Went to Target and bought 5 packs of the new goodie reversible ouchless bands in different assortment. I like how they are not loose after I tie them.:biggrin:

9. Joanna ~ I Love That.....I Love A Simple Band.......It's Nice In Different Colors!!! :smile:

10. I use the clear elastic. I saw some super cute hair ties at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store, but I cannot justify spending $40 on elastic hair ties!!!!!

11. Brown/black elastic bands. Goes with everything. Also, I try to remeber to bring extras with me in my bag just incase one brakes. I hate it when that happens.

12. I've been hating my hair recently, so it's been fun to come up with creative ways to put it up. For the past week, I've been putting my hair in a french twist-like formation with several bobbi pins and then using these cool wide silk headbands I bought in New York. It ends up looking fairly chic, and it's way cheaper than a haircut:biggrin:

13. One of those thin plastic bands and then a black ribbon. Always works!

14. No scrunchies here!

I tend to buy nice hair accessories, my latest favorite is a black leather rose from Intermix - it was about $30 and they also have it in red. Neimans also carries a nice brand that is made in France, but I can't remember the name right now. I also just bought a vintage comb accessory but I haven't used it yet.

15. Oh and I also got a really cute headband, black satin with tulle from Barney's coop. I love wearing it with a pony tail - it was pricey, but I've used it alot and gotten loads of compliments.