What do you think?

1. I was browsing the web and found some blog. One of the entries was about Chanel Classic Flap bags. Well, long story short, one of the reactions than an UNKNOWN poster had about the fact that Chanel is the "IT" designer nowadays was this...

"Unknown said...
    I believe, that to carry these bags off, one must have an innate sense of decorum, chicness and dare I say "prestige". Thus, on everyday girls such as the pretentious Ashley Olsen and Lindsay "Poser" Lohan, the bags lose a sense of mystique and decadence for me. Esp. since most of these young girls are trend whores who only garner a particular bag, because it's popular. It used to be that the brand Chanel, implied a sense of opulence and superiority, now it's just some iconic label, which uses celebrities i.e. Lindsay, Selma...to try and make more sales. IMO Chanel speaks for itself, but is significantly down graded when clutched in the paws of the nouveau riche."

I found this to be very interesting. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought about it...
  2. I think Chanel still has a sense of opulence and superiority.

I also think Unknown has a stick up her butt and too much time on her hands.

but thats just my opinion.
  3. I think "Unknown" needs to get over themself!

I mean, THEIRself. Sheesh! When did I start speaking Hillbilly?!
  4. Hmmmm. Well, Chanel speaks for itself, I think. It doesn't matter who's carrying the bags or wearing the fabulous clothes....Chanel is timeless, chic and now, trendy as well. What could be better?

Unknown definately has too much time on his/her hands...
  5. Ouch! That article is harsh. I agree with bagnshoo. And "everyday girls"? Excuse me? What classifies as an "everyday girl" exactly?
  6. I think it's silly. If Chanel is "downgraded" what is better?
    These little girls carry EVERY brand available - WTH is left?
  7. Espcially since they probally are getting them all for free! You'll see them with Chanel this week and another high end freebie next week. I think Chanel will always be a classic brand!
  8. Chanel is classic and it won't be downgraded based on who is wearing it. The exposure only makes Chanel more coveted and more popular. This may actually increase demand of Chanel, which increases the price and "mystique" of Chanel, which makes it even MORE representative of Chanel's luxury and class.
  9. I think the main reason we see the new "young" celebrities ala Lindsay Lohan, Misha Barton, Hilton sisters with the Chanel because Chanel's attempting to market/appeal to a younger audience.
  10. Too funny!!!!:lol: :lol:
    I agree though, i think Chanel still has that sense of superiority. Is not like evryone is carrying one.

11. That article is so harsh. What do they mean by "everyday girls?"
  12. I think Chanel is still the same Chanel there was before lol
  13. wow that is harsh! who is she, the queen of england or something? she seems like an old rich lady who is bitter about young "nouveau rich" girls snapping up all the chanels. anyways, who is it to criticize who can wear what brand they want than Chanel herself? She is obviously speaking bullsh$t.
  14. LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. mmmm...bit harsh, I personally like seeing younger celebs parade around with their chanel. Chanel brand WILL ALWAYS be classic. I love chanel more after seeing younger people carrying it. May be the Unknown need a glass of martini :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: