What do you think of the resissue 228 size?

I love it and think its not too big at all. Compared to other "large" sized designer bags its actually not big at all. Its only big to Chanel customers because Chanel is not known for such a large classic size bag. Most people are used to the smaller sizes.

I like it a lot. But its really personal preference. I'm 5'4 and its not too big for me at all. I love it. I would never on the other hand carry 226. its too small.

WELL--I take that back. I would carry a 226 if someone bought it for me. But I would never BUY one myself. Its too small to spend that much money on in my opinion. It would not hold what i need. I would only use it in the evening or on a quick trip

Good luck w/ your decision. Its a gorgeous size really :smile:

The 227 is a good one too but i prefer the 228 over it. It holds a little more than the 227 and has a edgy look. But it also has a claasic look too depending on the outfit.

OK I'm done now. I'm rambling. LOL

I don't like the 228 because IMO it looks to much like a briefcase on a chain. I

That is exactly why I got it! I am an attorney and that's exactly what I needed for my daybag. I have many smaller chanel day bags and 3 clutches for evenings. This bag is a work bag and if you want a bag that doubles as an evening bag the 228 is not the bag for you! :nogood: The tPF'er who writes that it is not big compared to other brand of bags and that it is only big compared to other Chanel bags is 100% correct . :yes:

Saw the metallic navy 228 at NM BH trunk show ...it is gorgeous and has a presence because it has more depth!! NM didn't order that color but I'm hoping I can find 228 in both metallic purple and navy!

I was there today too! I tried it on and liked it. It is big but I thought it looked very edgy and cool. I couldn't put it down!

Thanks to everyone for your opinions. You ladies are all so sweet and helpful and I really appreciate all your advice!

If anyone has any other opinions I would love to hear them!

I'm interested in seeing it this week in matte black at a trunk show. I do think it could look edgy and cool and can imagine (but we'll see in person) bringing it out in the evening and also dressing it down. PS I'm 5'2 and routinely use much bigger bags than the 228! :amuse:

i :heart: bigger flaps on other people ~ but personally ~ i'm 5'4 ~ i just don't like them on me ~ so i don't go beyond a 226 ~ having said that i have bigger bags ~ just not in the flap style ~ btw the navy is just so :love:

My reissues are 227, but I would love the 228's. I am also 5' 10". I think you would be satisifed with 226 or 227.

IMO, the 227 reissues holds less than the jumbo flap. I have both and I think my jumbo is larger.

I love the 228 and prefer that size for my physical stature and use of the bag personally; all my classic flaps are Jumbos which are closer to the 227; if 228 is not available for a certain color then I get the 227 as a default backup; the old dark gold/bronze 2.55 did not come in 228 so I got 227 but I would have preferred 228; alas the new dark red will not come in 228 either but I hope to get it in 227; I am 6ft and sz 18 so the large size works for me whether day or night personally. The only time I would want a super small bag for evening is when wearing a long formal...which is like .5% of my use in life. For my typical after-five kind of events (concerts, club, houseparty, wedding, legal receptions, etc.) 228 works fine for me and I could us it more for everyday and get my $3495 worth out of it. What I do not understand is the gigantic price difference from $2850 for 227 and then $3495 for 228. The price diff for a 226 to 227 is not that large.

I tried on the 228 and just felt it dwarfed me. I am 5'5" 118. I thought in that size the proportions of the big were too large for the chain . . . I have a 226 and 227 and I love the 226 size the best but it is too small for me during the day if I want to carry suns and a large wallet. Even with the 227 it is a tight fight to get everything in. Too bad they can't make a 227 1/2!