What do you think of the Kelly Flat?

1. I've found only one report by forum member on the Kelly Flat and I'm wondering whether anyone else has bought one or tried it in the store. My reservations were whether it would just collapse and not stand up on its own and whether it looks too plain without the lock and strap hardware of the regular Kelly. Any thoughts?

2. I love it. What I´m wondering is, how does it look with items in it and is it easy to get in and out of?

3. OOHH good question. Anybody here have one and used it to tell its pros and cons??

4. The Kelly flat looks so nice when it is tied up...but I prefer the traditional Kelly for use...

5. I like the look of it on the runway but I am not sure how I would feel about using one. It looks great folded but I am guessing you can't really fold it once you've got it stuffed. Or can you?:shrugs:

6. IMO I don't find it practical at all.. when it's folded it doesn't fit a lot of stuff. atleast not as much as a kelly should.. and I'd assume it doesn't hold its shape since it's folded most of the time..

7. I don't think it is meant to be carried in the "tied up" fashion... It (the ones I have played with) is a very slouchy, soft kelly... I prefer the stuctured (or semi-structured) kelly shapes...just my own personal preference...

8. An acquaintance of mine was offered a BJ Kelly flat in Swift last december, but did not like the design as much, so she passed on this one...

I myself have to say though, that I really like how they reinterpreted the étrivière buckle design for the Kelly. It's great for anybody, wishing to add something really special to their collection...

...and yes, slouching drastically when standing on its feet, but it is meant to do so!!!;)

9. It's quite a nice bag but to be honest, I'd pass on it (as I have done when an Etoupe one was presented to me) unless I had other bags before it. The concept is very nice but I don't see myself using it on an everyday basis.

10. I tried one in the Palm Beach store that was on hold for another. It is definately a more casual kelly and not ment to be tied up once full. It was quite pretty but did not have the same ladylike feel of a "regular" kelly. I thought that it was a super bag for travel because of its ability to lay flat. I have not seen anywhere near as many as I have seen of the Lindy. Interesting??!!

11. It's ideal for travel.

12. i agree with HL, great for travel,but somehow doesnt hold up if you dont stuff fully....

13. That's what I was wondering