what do you think of sales associate chewing gum? - LV Boutique experience

1. I was at the LV boutique at the Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego today and the SAs had such attitudes....

Especially one SA was chewing gum the whole time while she was helping me out and made loud noise chewing it.

And they were behaving as if they own the store.....

I was going to buy a bag, but so upset that I just walked out and got one from NM LV.

I was not requesting anything difficult or mean or anything...

I just asked them to show me a bag, and that was it.....

she was leaning onto the showcase side ways and chewing the gum real loud.

I don't think I ever wanna go back there.

2. omg that is terrible and very unprofessional.

3. I'm sure that's not allowed.
    I've worked retail for some time and all the establishments I was employed into always disallowed chewing gum on the shop floor.
    And those establishments were no way near as prestigious as Louis Vuitton.
    As ichelle said very, very unprofessional.

4. That's awful..I don't mind if someone is chewing gum, but the whole world does need to know!

5. Wow, that is EXTREMELY un-professional and rude. :wtf:

You did the right thing by just walking out and buying else where. :yes:

6. I've worked at supermarket when I was younger, and chewing gum was a no-no.. so I doubt its allowed in LV.

7. I would've complained!

8. Eek, Fashion Valley hmm..that's my store. I think I know who you're talking about (there's one of 2 SAs I don't like and I'm sure that was one of them). I think it's unprofessional..I can see if it's like...Nicorette or something. But to chew it LOUDLY like that is unprofessional. Again, I'd write a letter, with attention to to Natalie, the manager. She's great to deal with.

9. I am envisioning the annoying couple skit from SNL -- "Yeah babe.. ya wanna see that bag ova tha?"..

10. Well, she lost a sale from you, and I have a feeling that if she keeps it up she will probably loose her job with LV. I don't care who you think you are, chewing gum while conducting business is tacky and has no place in the workplace. Someone at LV should send her to finishing school!

11. I say call the manager and tell them how you feel. There's nothing wrong with alerting them to something a SA is doing, especially with her attitude and behavior toward you.

12. :supacool: :supacool: :supacool:
    I cant believe all these SA's gone bad stories...the SA's here are always so nice :confused1:

13. :roflmfao:

14. I think that's the skit I was thinking about as well! :supacool:

15. I say that is so tacky. What has happened to professionalism and taking a job seriously? If I were that manager, I would want to know! So many other people would want that job and treat it in a meaningful way!