What do you think of Michael Kors?

I just bought this bag, it's from the regular MK line, not Michael by MK:

it's a little pricey ($1,300) but it's soo beautiful. definitely worth it! It just sold out on their website, too. It's part of their new spring collection.

MKV03Y1_mn.jpg

Kors has been either a hit or miss with me. There was a great boston bag that I saw at Macy's marked 50% off to $99! I thought it was pretty cute and would have gotten it but I have already just made a few big purchases. I didn't see many other of his bags that I liked. The one u picked out looks like it will be a good functional bag although I think you could probably do better.

I have a hutton satchel in black (the big buckle one) and I love it - I don't use it a lot b/c it's kinda big, but the leather is so great and it's a staple. I'd love to have another one of his bags in a lighter color leather, a little smaller size.

I find this particular bag a bit plain but I like MK overall. I do think that he is raising his prices way too much since the opening of his new store in Soho. I think what makes his bags great is that they are well made and you get a bang for your buck but if he is going to start charging LV, Gucci prices than I might as well go to LV.

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Michael Kors (classic), I just won this MK Astor Update Tote on EBAY. :yahoo:

ef10_1.JPG

Lovely! A Mom at my daughter's school was toting this exact one around in gunmetal. I loved it!! Her DH got it for her for the holidays as well as a beautiful matching gunmetal Astor wallet! I really liked that tote a lot. She wore it over her shoulder and it was so classy! I think I like over the shoulder styles a bit better - the Astor satchel is cute, but I like to be able to throw it over my shoulder every now and again....

I have one similar to the white one with the chain decoration and it weighs a ton, but I like it. Definitely the Michael Kors line is better quality than Michael by Michael Kors. Kinda like Donna Karan versus DKNY or "Marc Jacobs" versus "Marc by Marc Jacobs"

I own two of his bags. A red purse...which I waited until the season was changing and only paid $120 for!!

And a huge beach bag, which I think was $150.

I think the stuff is cute, and in the MICHAEL collection is priced great.

I found a large Woodside satchel that I love! Attached is a pic...it's fun bag to carry with the braided handles and gathered sides, and the leather is great!

Attachments

• 6430_front_large.jpg
    6430_front_large.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 55