What do you think is a reasonable eBay price?

1. Hello, purse lovers! :amuse:

I have been fortunate enough to be given a Chloe paddington (with the front pocket in cream) as a present from my lovely Aunty! :love: She has no children so she likes to give me expensive treats. However, she lives in Australia (I'm in England) so I can never really explain to her my tastes and it would be too rude to send anything back.

As much as I adore the luxe smell of the leather and style of the bag, I think it is little too big and too heavy for my taste, besides I think I would have preferred the chocolate or the grey colour. (I just KNOW I will get some horrible mark on the beautiful cream leather!) :shame:

So! I'm thinking of selling her on eBay so that a more loving mommy can take better care of her. What do you think would be a good starting price? The grey version is selling at net-a-porter.com for £967 but I don't think anyone one eBay would pay that much would they? Even though I have never used the bag...? (I don't use eBay myself and I'm hoping a friend of mine will sell it for me, as he has built up a reputation.) Please help me! :cry:

The size is 15 X 11 X 7 inches, and I still have the little information cards and labels and the dustbag.

Here she is! (Click for larger image)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. what a beautiful bag!

and a clever way to sell your bag on the PF too!! you won't have any trouble selling it, i don't think.

3. Why not take a look at ebay a do a comp. listing for a few $$ less with a BIN. Im sure it would sell:smile:

4. What a good idea! Haha. I can't believe I didn't think to search the completed listings. Thanks :biggrin:

5. The bag looks FANTASTIC on you!!!
    You are gorgeous too btw.
    You look like a model.

6. ... You don't think it looks too big?? I feel a little overwhelmed by it! Oh no, now I can't decide whether or not to sell it! :cry: I had always wanted a paddy, and now that I finally have one, I don't know what to do with it!! :push:

(And thank you so much for the compliments! I'd love to be a model but I'm only 5'6", so I don't really have a chance, haha :shame: )

7. I agree with winona, the bag looks fantastic on you. I don't think it's too big by any stretch. Big bags are very chic right now. I like the cream color too. But, if it's too heavy and you don't think you'll get much use out of it, it would probably be best to sell it and purchase a bag that you would love and be able to use on a regular basis.

8. No I think it looks lux.
    You should def. keep it.
    It's more of a mature look, for sure, but I think that's the draw, you look young and have such a sophisticated bag... women will turn green.

9. ahhh Snapdragon. I think you should keep it. Its a great bag, looks gorgeous on you, plus it has extra special significance because your aunty bought it for you :smile: Its lush indeed :biggrin:

10. Hmm... I'm no expert but it really looks just like my bag! What a steal!! The leather doesn't look too shiny and it seems to sink just the way mine does when it has nothing inside it. Hmm :yes:

Thank you everyone for your help! I've decided to keep it for a week and try not to get it dirty, to see how I like it. If not, maybe one of the smaller paddies is for me. :heart:

edited - we do not allow any selling on tPF.

11. Beautiful bag. too bad you are not keeping it, it looks great on you! What a super Auntie!! And with great taste!! I need one of those! :smile:

Good luck with the sale, I am sure it will be snatched up in a sec!

12. I'm glad you are keeping it for a bit!!!

13. it fits you perfect and the color is very nice enjoy it

14. You might want to consult the rules of this forum before you make that post. Selling is currently prohibited here.